Screwed on Ebay

Vtec Max

Well I know how impatient people are sometimes....but this seller emailed me daily asking when I mailed the money order. Every single day for 5 days. Stating she was in a wheel chair and needed the money to support her kids (blah blah blah). I told them it was already mailed and after the 5th consecutive day, silence................ That's the last I've heard of that impatient seller. I've since emailed them 3 times the past week and not once have I received a response. Don't you think that's weird after they email you daily for 5 days straight?

Honestly, if I knew this seller was that desperate for my money order, I would not have gone through with the transaction. It makes me very uneasy that they are that needy for money and this type of transaction is not traceable.

Traceable....no. But you do have proof that you paid for it! So if you were to file a complaint... you would easily have proof to help back you up.. right?

And i agree..money orders are typical not the best way to go abouts things... Sorry man. Hopefully you'll get what you bought!

Btw... you bought an exhaust system from a lady in a wheelchair?!? Betcha she sounded good rollin on them dubs... :crackup::crackup::crackup:

I paid $207 for a brand new corsa sport muffler and corsa 4inch tip. that's shipping included. Only thing missing were the pipes. That's the only reason I paid with money order.....it really was a spectacular deal. And no I didn't know she was in a wheelchair and needed money to support her kids.

I see. If they can email you that many times they can at least reply to your emails. I usually respond to emails the same day if not the same hour and I deal with many people. Some bad sellers should be thrown off eBay but eBay won't do it because they make bank off sellers. I know of a seller who leaves negative feedback anytime they receive neutral or negative feedback. They seem to do this so they can get the buyer to agree to remove the feedback. That's just plain wrong in my opinion, but eBay doesn't care because they have onver 10K+ feedback and always have 100+ items listed. BS to me but eBay is greedy. So to rant but some sellers really pi$$ me off. They hurt the good sellers who are on eBay. Hope it works out for you :thumbs:

Sorry to hear you lost your money throuhg Ebay but that just backs up my feelings that sometime your better off buying local or having a friend in the area check out the product if possible.I bought my 54 chevy from a guy in

louisianna but we avoided using pay pal i sent a 6000.00 dollar money order to himand didnt hear from him for a few days after it was cashed,let me tell you those were some long days and i often had thoughts that i got screwed over but it worked out in the end and he was a nice guy,if i were to do it again i would def. go through the post office and get their mo.good luck.

I'm getting more uncomfortable as the days go by. I have called the husband's cell phone have was able to reach him. He is telling me he's a truck driver and won't be home to ship my items until Monday. But he did say he received my payment and will take care of me. I'm not sure if he was just trying to get me off the phone or was he genuine about shipping this item.

However that handicapped wife that I've been communicating with through email is still ignoring my emails. I have emailed them using a different account (asking some other question) and she freakin answered that email!! I know their email system works now. I'm just hoping the husband's a nice guy and comes through with this delivery.

I'm NEVER going to use money orders in the future. This is one jacked up transaction..........

I'm going through the same crap right now with some things I bought a while back.....only difference is that I used PayPal instead of a money order. The good news is that after I did some research, the person only lives approx 1 1/2 hours away............. :devil: I sent them yet another e-mail today telling them that if I had to, I would drive down to collect my items. If that doesn't prompt an e-mail back, then I guess when my wife and I go gambling Thursday, we will take a little detour to Medford OK.

Edited by GetWithIt (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

The seller finally sent me an email stating he was out of town and didn't get a chance to mail out my item. Told me he sent it out 2/16/07. This is a husband and wife team that sells on ebay. The money order is made out to the wife and husband ships. But when you talk to them regarding your order, they both deny knowing what the other person did. "You'll have to ask my wife, she deals with this stuff" or "This is my husband's ebay thing, I don't deal with it". The messed up part about this transaction, these guys actually have a 97% positive feedback on ebay!! Not sure how many people wanted to leave them negatives but didn't.

I do have a valid tracking number for the shipment through the post office. Whether or not I get what I paid for will be something I'll have to wait and see.

This is definatley not an experience I would repeat again with a money order......

Edited by Vtec Max (see edit history)

The seller finally sent me an email stating he was out of town and didn't get a chance to mail out my item. Told me he sent it out 2/16/07. This is a husband and wife team that sells on ebay. The money order is made out to the wife and husband ships. But when you talk to them regarding your order, they both deny knowing what the other person did. "You'll have to ask my wife, she deals with this stuff" or "This is my husband's ebay thing, I don't deal with it". The messed up part about this transaction, these guys actually have a 97% positive feedback on ebay!! Not sure how many people wanted to leave them negatives but didn't.

I do have a valid tracking number for the shipment through the post office. Whether or not I get what I paid for will be something I'll have to wait and see.

This is definatley not an experience I would repeat again with a money order......

dude, whatever you do, PLEASE leave that seller negative feedback, PLEASE. I HATE these types of sellers on ebay and just like someone else said above, you are gauranteed a negative in return and then they'll just ask you to retract it, but PLEASE don't do it! thats the ONLY way other people know this seller is crooked. i hope things work out for you.