garage floor coating or matt

Jonmalibuss

I applied the behr 1 part "epoxy" coating and I am having trouble with it peeling up when I park a vehicle with wet tiroes on it and the water dries then the floor peels up. Does anyone have expierience with any kind of covering or coatings that is actually reliable? I contacted behr and they are refunding me every dime for everything I have purchased and they have a 2 part epoxy which is supposed to beable to go over the 1 part with no problem so this may sole me problem but they are sending me 3 gallons for freeso I have been looking at other options. i want something that is very durable can withstand water/oil and be very easy to clean without having to pull up the floor to get underneath it.

We have been using a company called premier garage here in sioux falls i dont know how big they are. But they put down a very tough paint and when its still wet they sprinkle various color paint chips into it. Then they basically put a tough clear coat over that. Very easy to clean and never peeled. Maybe a dozen differnt looking color/paint chip color combos.

i just did my floors with the behr epoxy a couple months ago and it turned out pretty good.

1st step: clean and scrub floor with behr cleaner and degreaser. then let the floor completely dry. i waited til the next day before proceeding because i was told anny moisture left in the floor could cause it to peel.

2nd step: used behr concrete etcher to open the pours in the concrete for the epoxy to get a good bond to the floor. again had to wait till floor was completly dry before next step.

3rd step: used a blower to get rid of any left over dirt or particles on the floor then applied epoxy coating.

i used 3 coats about 1 hour dry time between coats.

4th step: waited about 5 days before driving on or putting anything heavy down on it then used behr concrete/brick sealer to give it the shiny look.

post-6771-1170997909_thumb.jpg

I did the "UCOAT-IT" brand. From all the research I did, they were the best "home brew" kits made. It is a multiple layer epoxy.

1. Etch the concreate with muranic acid and wash 2X

- fill in all cracks with special filler

2. base coat + AL oxide anti skid (3 part epoxy)

3. after 24hrs, the color coat with your designs (vinyl flake, graphic inlays etc) (3 part epoxy)

4. after another 24hrs, the top gloss coat (epoxy) (2 part epoxy)

The final result is beautiful and is tough. I run my snowmobiles across it with studs and it didn't tear up. What eventually did start flaking it up was the great antifreeze / salt / grit from 2 winters in PA. Even then it is minor and can be patched. They give a good warranty but I never bothered to look into it. I have the install video if you want it. Send me a PM.

To do a floor that will outlast you home, you need to do a multi layer terrazo which is anywhere from $25 - $35 a square foot.

I don't have a great pick of the floor with all of my graphics in it but hear is a teaser:

i just did my floors with the behr epoxy a couple months ago and it turned out pretty good.

1st step: clean and scrub floor with behr cleaner and degreaser. then let the floor completely dry. i waited til the next day before proceeding because i was told anny moisture left in the floor could cause it to peel.

2nd step: used behr concrete etcher to open the pours in the concrete for the epoxy to get a good bond to the floor. again had to wait till floor was completly dry before next step.

3rd step: used a blower to get rid of any left over dirt or particles on the floor then applied epoxy coating.

i used 3 coats about 1 hour dry time between coats.

4th step: waited about 5 days before driving on or putting anything heavy down on it then used behr concrete/brick sealer to give it the shiny look.

My floor looks just like that same color and everything but i'm gonna try it again when the Behr 2 part epoxy shows up. I did the exact same thing you did as far as the steps takin to prep the surface.