front license plate looks weird

firervfd37

yah it does...did you have to bend ur plate at all or was it a tight fit? i was gonna do that way but it was a very tight fit and i think it might of had to have been snugged real tight. or is there an adapter?

I don't know.... I have a great memory its just short :rolleyes: I think it was a tight fit though, just two screws into the holes in the bumper... It is a little bent now, damn snowdrifts!

GM Accessories has a "front plate kit" that is garbage. I bought one but didn't use it. It looked like crap. What I did was buy some plastic spacers, and longer screws at ACE hardware for the two screws in the top. The spacers are like short hollow tubes that the screws fit inside. They were made of black plastic. With the spacers, the plate stays straight when you tighten the screws. Also, I put a small piece of 3M double stick rubberized mounting tape on the "point" of the front bumper where the plate contacted it. This was so the plate would not rub or mar the front bumper. It looks OK. A lot better than just screwing it down into a bent shape.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)