wheel color

tehoatim

I've been seriously considering getting my stockers powder coated gloss black

I tried this "car art" washable paint to get an idea about what they might look like

The color is more like a charcoal, but it didn't look bad in person

It did help to decide that I def want to coat 'em gloss black --opininions? remarks?

post-8312-1171155152_thumb.jpg

post-8312-1171155163_thumb.jpg

i think powdercoating them black would be nice. i have seen a few picture of black rims and they look nice. once i get everything done to my truck i think i will get mine done! and about the car paint it comes off fine, i rember this summer doing it to the work van here with my freind, we painted a huge male "object" on it and we told the boss that it got vandalised. he almost started to cry, but he got a laugh out of it and so did we, just washs off clean with soap.

I've been thinking about buying some new 22's and having the centers of my old 22's powdercoated in "Anthracite".....which is a gunmetal gray color. I've looked everywhere for some 22's with powdercoated gray centers, and I just can't find any. I even had the local wheel shop call around for me with no luck.

The all black look is OK, but only on a black truck IMO...................

Edited by GetWithIt (see edit history)

if you look around somebody has posted pics before of their wheels powdercoated just like that...i personally dont like it but thats because i love chrome

That was me.... I decided I liked the factory color better than the color I powder coated the beat wheel I got for testing. I am still looking for a color to do. Anyhow here is the link.

Stock wheel coated