pcm help?

well since i cant post about mail order tunes in pcm help ill ask over here. im looking into a tune because i hear that they make they truck like new. but i need some help what am i looking into? what is good to go with. i was thinking about a wait4me. heard some good things about them, and they seem preety cheap. well a little background on the truck, for right now i am looking for a tune for a cai, and exhaust. dont have many performance mods in mind but think that this will do for know. when i order it was do i ask for? i hear about TM(torque manag) what is that? also like what shift time, rev lim stuff like that, sorry about the long post but have some extra cash that is begging to be spent!!!!!!

get a hold of Frank on here, revolution. He can set you up with a great tune and answer all of you questions fully. You can tell him your plans and he can make a tune just for your truck.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showuser=6980

Brad

All you need is a TUNE.. Tell them your mods, and they take care of the rest. I have a Zippy tune, and I love it. You also need to tell them the gas you are running, most tunes, as well as the truck require 91 ocatane. I have mine set up for 93octane, cai, and exhaust. If you plan on headers you will need to adjust fuel trims for that later once you get them, which if this is a thought, get the tune, and keep your PCM this way you can drive while getting re-tuned.

get a hold of Frank on here, revolution. He can set you up with a great tune and answer all of you questions fully. You can tell him your plans and he can make a tune just for your truck.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showuser=6980

Brad

i went with franks tune. hes a good dude and did a good job for a nice price.

I had a wait4me tune on my old 05 z-71. Wait4me is one of the cheapest tuners around, i think its like 180 and you get to keep your stock pcm. Not bad as long as you can get the crank relearn done, my local chevy dealers are dicks and it took me 5 dealers before I found a GMC dealer that would do the relearn. From what I have heard, it seems to be a good idea to get a tune done in person, thats the route I am going this time.

what will they do in a face to face tune, diffrenlty than a mail order?

Face to face they can hook up to your truck and program everything exactly to your truck, not just a general program that will work on all trucks. It's "custom" tuned for your truck and your driving style. Not say that a mail order tune is bad, just not as full as it could be in person.

Another thing to ask is how much, if anything, they charge for a retune should you get more mods or change your mind about something.

Brad

a guy next to my old shop were i work does dyno tunes, but he doesnt have a chevy program, he said he could buy it then do it for my truck. his website is cd performance .

edit-im still undecided but i think a mail tune will be cheaper since his price is like 60 and hour plus he would have to buy the chevy adapters and all