Painted calipers

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have pics of a black SS with clampers painted red? What Product did you use? What do you have to do if anything to the ''SS'' graphics to get them to stay/not melt off?

I jut used some engine paint, its pretty durable. But make sure you mask off completely!! You have wheel speed sensors behind there.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my kit from MidAmerica (corvette superstore). It was a complete kit including a multipart epoxy paint and cleaner. It is very durable. I got my SS graphics from Autoguy and they have lasted a year without coming off. I got a couple of sets just in case though.

• 2 weeks later...
Here you go, High temp paint, stickers and clear coated over. I took them off of the truck and used a dremel to grind off the rough casting edges and smooth everything up. I am very happy with the results. :cool:

10018950001uj1.jpg

ssredbrakesdriversside4cu.jpg

frontwheelds0ij.jpg

frontwheelcloseds7mn.jpg

look professional :thumbs: u gotta do mine :crackup:

I jut used some engine paint, its pretty durable. But make sure you mask off completely!! You have wheel speed sensors behind there.

or go to autozone. they have a complete kit for 20 bucks. it has everything u need and the paint will last. i did mine with this kit and u cant go wrong with it :thumbs:

Edited by ss04flores (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
Here you go, High temp paint, stickers and clear coated over. I took them off of the truck and used a dremel to grind off the rough casting edges and smooth everything up. I am very happy with the results. :cool:

10018950001uj1.jpg

ssredbrakesdriversside4cu.jpg

frontwheelds0ij.jpg

frontwheelcloseds7mn.jpg

I did mine the exact same way with the same kind of decals in brushed aluminum on black calipers! Looks sweet :chevy: