A weekend of wrenching

I finally got all the parts together to do the 90mm upgrade to my Radix this weekend, and decided to also do a cam swap and 05 efans install all at the same time. Started 2pm Friday afternoon until 8pm, then started again at 9am Sat when a friend lent a hand, and was running again by 4pm Sat. I used an LPE GT2-3 cam since it seems to be the majority favorite with FI, Z06 valve springs that come with the cam kit from Lingenfelter, an LS2 Corvette throttle body, and a MP122 J tube that already has the 90mm flange on it instead of chopping up the old one. The little details I needed were a TAC module, Speartech harness adaptor, the efan assembly with Nelson harness, front timing cover gasket and seal, water pump gaskets, Dexcool, red Permatex, anerobic sealer, blue throttle body gasket, and OEM throttle body and fan bolts/screws to make everything look factory. As you can see, everything came from a variety of sources so it took a while to get.

I just drove it today for the first time coming to work, and even though it still needs a retune I'm pretty impressed so far. Idle is like stock or smoother, it seems more responsive and winds up faster on the street, and it pulls a lot harder at freeway speeds than before. Going tomorrow for tuning and more real world "testing", so it should be even better (I hope).

Well, tuning is done and here is a few pics:

post-4756-1172345954_thumb.jpg

Edited by pnblwzd (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

One more pic.

The tuner was able to calculate the total hp based on the air coming in vs what he read on the wideband, combined with what he's seen with dozens of cars/trucks on the dyno. So total gains according to what he saw was just over 100hp at the crank, bringing the new total to 630hp (at the crank). Substract AWD drivetrain loss, which I'm guessing at 75-100hp(?), that should put me in the 530-550 range at the tires. Definetly mods that you can feel! Anyone that wants to wake up their Radix should do this. You've already come this far, why not?

post-4756-1172346217_thumb.jpg

Edited by pnblwzd (see edit history)

• 1 month later...