Got a ticket viol. 23109(c)

nxtnlne

On my way to work at 2:28 in the morning I stoped at a light where It just so happened to be wet in my lane. On green I got into it a little and spun for about 15 feet. :dunno: . Well just as I did that I noticed a cop pulling out of a drivway behind me. I was'nt speeding but he did see me. This is going to cost me lots of money in the long run. 2 points....California sucks. What are my chances in court? I wasnt in a speed contest, or racing a clock. Any advice?

Viol. 23109©..Bail amount was $287 have to pay up front here in Cali. I entered a N/G plea and set a court date. This violation was setup for street racers. Exhibition of speed.

23109©: A person shall not engage in ( )1 a motor vehicle exhibition of speed on a highway, and ( )2 a person shall not aid or abet in a motor vehicle exhibition of speed on any highway.

"I was'nt speeding but he did see me." then if it was wet and there were no other cars around how can he say it was an exhibition of speed? i would fight it. tell the judge it was wet out and you spun your tires. whats the big deal? i must be missing something cause 15 feet is not very long/far at all.

i would fight it, i fought it with a rokkie cop at my school. it was wet out one day and i was turing and got a little sideways spinning the tires(not on purpose) and in a matter or seconds i had the blue behind me. he said i was trying to "drift". i said "in this thing" then i went on saying how the back end is so light and blah blah. he let me off with not even a warning he just said "o.k no problem have a nice day".

and it wasnt the normall cop we have, that guy is awsome we've been freinds for a while. he doesnt care what i do becaus ehe loves my truck!!!!! so FIGHT IT!!!

If the judge refuses to see it your way, request a trial by jury if available. If found guilty...appeal on lack of evidence of lack of exhibition of speed. You'll tie it up for almost a year and the cop may jsut get sick of it and no show one time. My buddy did that for a reckless driving in Michigan. He appealed twice and the second time, the cop no show'd, case dismissed.

On the lip side, lets be honest here...did you floor it? If you were WOT, I am not surprised the cop pulled you over and arrested you...although he could have and should have gone much easier on you.

I got into it a little and spun for about 15 feet.

Viol. 23109©..Bail amount was $287 have to pay up front here in Cali. I entered a N/G plea and set a court date. This violation was setup for street racers. Exhibition of speed.

23109©: A person shall not engage in ( )1 a motor vehicle exhibition of speed on a highway, and ( )2 a person shall not aid or abet in a motor vehicle exhibition of speed on any highway.

i think they got you on this one. if you took off easy, and it spun a little then i don't think the cop would of cared. you got into it enough for "exhibition of speed" if i remember right under vc. 23109 you do not have to be speeding to get sited for it. burn outs will get you one BIG TIME.....

i'd fight it you got nothing to lose

good luck

:seeya:

could you go to traffic school and drop 1 point that is one of the reason i moved from LA CALI paid over 4000 grand in tickets.now live in las vegas weather sucks but been out here about 2 years and have not been pulled over yet took a red light in front of a cop and nothing i even had a cop tell me how nice my truck sounds (its laud).its like this if your car or truck atracks atention you are geting pulled over cali cops are di^&.years back i got that same ticket and whent to court judge asked me to tell my side of the story did not let me finish when he said guilty and i wast even speeding so i got pissed and said some words he did not like and locked me up for 2 weeks in county jail but it was well worth it best of luck man

No I did not floor it but I knew it they would spin. It does not take much for my truck to break loose. I was guilty of spininng the tires but I was not racing. On the ticket it states 35 mph in a 35 zone. 23109 is for street racing. I spun the tries W0o0o0o0o stop the press. I think 2 points on my record and no traffic school is too harsh. I've been put in the same catagory of street racing with the same punishment. I wasnt holding up traffic, staged next to someone waiting for the go signal then WOT, going balls out till the end of the 1/4 putting people in danger. I spun the tires shit happens. My wife does it every time when its wet. Let me remind you 2:30 am no one on the road except the cop and his partner.

I got into it a little and spun for about 15 feet.

i think they got you on this one. if you took off easy, and it spun a little then i don't think the cop would of cared. you got into it enough for "exhibition of speed" if i remember right under vc. 23109 you do not have to be speeding to get sited for it. burn outs will get you one BIG TIME.....

i'd fight it you got nothing to lose

good luck

:seeya:

Yeah I think he was within the law. I'm just venting. Sucks to have such a steep fine for spinning tires!

No I did not floor it but I knew it they would spin. It does not take much for my truck to break loose. I was guilty of spininng the tires but I was not racing.

ummm guilty, posted in a public forum, not the best move here.....sorry dude....

Thanks for your support..15 feet of spinning my tires, I should have my license revoked!