Best Guitarist

SS Silv

Ok, I will agree that Mars is very underrated. Many guitarists are, including CC Deville (Poison) is one of the

highlyest trained classical guitarist in rock. Malmsteen is another one, though his ego makes him an ass, same

goes for Eddie VanHalen, who I'm suprised hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread, egotistical ass. Let his ego

and wife ruin one one of rocks biggest bands (along with Roths ego). By the way VH is turing this summer wih Roth

on vocals and Eddie's son Wolfgang on bass (Micheal Anthony has been fired, and is touring with Hagar). Lets not

forget Ted Nugent. By the way, I'm sure you've all heard that te Police may due a reunion tour, and I heard on the

radio that Genisis is doing a reunion tour.

Randy was incredible cuz he was the first to integrate rock and classical playing in the way he did.

IMHO, Page is too sloppy.

Dimebag was good, and he died in a tragic way, but im sick of hearing how a martyr he was (and hate how 'his' stuff shot up in price)

for my money, the best guitarist is George Lynch.. he can outplay anyone, anywhere.

but i also miss SRV.

IMHO Slash is over rated

but dont forget John Petrucci of Dream Theater.

Michael Wilton is also a screamer!!!

Lynch still tops them all for me.

Theres so many I really like but my favs are Hendrix, Both Stevie Ray and Jimmie Vaughan, Eric Clapton, David Gilmore, Roy Buchanan, Robin Trower, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck I could go on and on. I just went to see Robin Trower a couple of months ago and he sounds better than he ever did.

John Petrucci of Dream Theater: plays a custom 7-string. Birlliant and just about untouchable. A true musician. My ringtone: Universal Mind. That really grabs people's attention, especially considering that I am a fairly prominent business attorney in Charlotte.

Steve Vai: Haven't heard much out of him lately, but he took things WAY over the top when he hit the scene.

Tony MacAlpine: You've never heard of him, but you should. He shreds.

well,i guess you guys covered most of the best,malmsteen,hammett,clapton,van halen,etc,but i dont think anyone mentioned lindsey buckingham from fleetwood mac yeah i know they are not a metal group but growing up listening to them on the radio i always liked his un-orthodox guitar playing style and the sounds(tough not hard and heavy) were tantalizing to my young brain,30 years later his licks still sound as good as the day i first heard them.