Blew the crap out of my transmssion

So i have come to the conclusion that i turned my 4l60e into a freakin hand grenade tonight, i was going down westhimer racing a mustang and i hit the 1-2 shift and heard the loudest bang i have ever heard or felt in my life. and the RPMS nailed redline and the mustang just shot away from me. and alas the engine would just rev and not do anything. so i pulled over and i couldnt get the truck to move so i shut it off and went in for a coke and came back out and started it up and it moved but not anywhere fast and i know it lost a few gears, i think all i have is 3rd cause it feels like it. any ideas what i broke?

Alright i limped it to work this morning and i think i lost 2nd and 4th but i still have reverse...:wtf: 2nd is kinda there but it refuses to go anywhere fast and i havent made it above 30 to test 4th but i am pretty sure it isn't there . so i fell like :puke: becuse i dont have the money for a new one yet and the dealer is going to be a pain about it no matter what and i need the truck for work. so i am sed all the way around

• 2 weeks later...