S/C SS Silverado vs Quad Cab SRT-10

n2opwr

So we got a 2005 SRT-10 w/ 4K miles in the other day and I have really been wanting to know how it would compare against my truck. Me and one of my co-workers had been planning to line the two of them up, but when it came down to it, he didn't want to do it. This is after he had been talking so much BS about how it will smoke my truck.

After driving the truck I felt like it would be a really close race. The Viper truck doesn't feel like it pulls as hard off the line (no AWD & it will blow the tires) but it feels like it pulls harder on the top end. I don't know how quick my truck is since I put the supercharger on, but it feels about as fast as it was when I had a 125 hp shot of N2O. With the nitrous I ran a 13.66 and that was at 5600 lbs. According to Motor Trend the Viper truck should run a 13.70@103 mph and that is at 5572 lbs.

With the specs being so close together, I'm sure it would be a drag race. Since I wasn't able to get the two trucks lined up together, I made 2 video clips of each truck 0-60+. I have them posted on youtube, but you can't view them yet. As soon as you can, I will post them. I have not watched the two videos real close yet, so I will let you guys determine which one is faster. I tried to be as fair as possible and I didn't sand bag either truck.

to be continued...

We have this truck listed FOR SALE on eBay for anyone that may be interested in it. eBay Listing

1469690_1.jpg

i watched and replayed each clip a lot, and from what i can tell it looked like the ram hit 60 first.. maybe only a few tenth's. as much as i tried i could'nt see it as even. watch the timer, seems like 0-60 in 5 for the SSS and mid 4's for the ram. when i charge my phone i'll time them each....

Edited by 2006_superado (see edit history)

i watched and replayed each clip a lot, and from what i can tell it looked like the ram hit 60 first.. maybe only a few tenth's. as much as i tried i could'nt see it as even. watch the timer, seems like 0-60 in 5 for the SSS and mid 4's for the ram. when i charge my phone i'll time them each....

According to Motor Trend the regular cab "truck's Viper-sourced V-10 firepower, good for a 5.2-second 0-to-60 run."

It's really hard to tell. I think they are pretty close.

I couldn't tell if both 0-60's were done in the same place but it looked like the SS vid was done on a down hill. Look at the view 26 seconds into the video. Looks like a nice sized hill for the run.

Both video clips were taken at the exact same place and it does start going down hill. The SRT-10 is a very nice truck and for under $34k for a bone stock 500 hp truck and 4K miles, I think it is a heck of a deal. I have more in my truck and it isn't much faster, if any. I can only imagine how fast this truck would be with similar mods. :shakehead:

I know my truck sounds better and it get's better gas mileage. The Dodge only get's 10 mpg! :eek:

best i can tell with a stopwatch is about 4.5 on the ram, and about 4.7 on the SSS.

i did it a few times each, and that was the average. i could be wrong or off somehow?, if someone has a more accurate way to figure it out, please do so.

i have to say there both awesome trucks :cheers: