Finally ran the 1/4

CNE

Well, I finally made the hour drive to the nearest 1/4 mile track today. I also ran my best 1/8th mile time today too.

60 ft. 2.02

1/8th. 9.27 @75.36

1/4 14.57 @91.69

Best 1/8th

60ft. 2.02

1/8th 9.18 @75.18

The quickest 1/8th run, my trans would not shift out of second gear so I had to let off before the 1/4 mark. So, anybody know why the tranny will shift if it is left in D, but will not shift 2-3 when left in 3, or manually shifted? Is it a tuning issue, since my tranny is built but I'm still running stock tune? Help!!!

Drop the shit point below the R/limter, your out of the Power band .

U can Tune a Piano ,but u cant tune a fish.

That's what I'm wondering, I'm still on the stock tune so I can't change the shift points. The 1-2 shift is fine, but 2-3 shifts too early if left in D, so I tried to manually shift it and it won't shift. It shifts fine if left in D, just too early, around 4800 rpm. The 1-2 is around 5800.

Drop the shit point below the R/limter, your out of the Power band .

U can Tune a Piano ,but u cant tune a fish.

That's what I'm wondering, I'm still on the stock tune so I can't change the shift points. The 1-2 shift is fine, but 2-3 shifts too early if left in D, so I tried to manually shift it and it won't shift. It shifts fine if left in D, just too early, around 4800 rpm. The 1-2 is around 5800.

Common performance shift points with stock LQ9 are 5800 for 2nd & 3rd, 5600 for 4th.