572 Big Block

Rod

A 572 in an SS... what would that be like?? When the time comes if it ever does,it might be the plan. What are people gettin for mileage out of the 6.0' s? I run Mobil 1 synthetic every 5000 km with Lucas. Oil pressure stays good and high.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are really green aren't you?

572ci will require new motor mounts welded in as it uses Gen I big block mounts dating back to the 1960's. It also will no bolt up to the 4L65E and you will lose the AWD. You would be better off picking up a 2WD reg or ext cab and hacking that up instead of an SS.

you can have your 572 ill just build a LSX motor for less and well go truck for truck and see that wasted big block go to shame

big blocks are cool for older rides. todays technology destroys yesterdays knowledge.. you can easily make a 7.0 litre produce more then enough to run circles around that big block and with the 7.0 it will bolt up to rest of driveline...the bigblock wont and wil lclost more then its worht

you can have your 572 ill just build a LSX motor for less and well go truck for truck and see that wasted big block go to shame

big blocks are cool for older rides. todays technology destroys yesterdays knowledge.. you can easily make a 7.0 litre produce more then enough to run circles around that big block and with the 7.0 it will bolt up to rest of driveline...the bigblock wont and wil lclost more then its worht

Do you smoke crack on the regular, Any engine that can produce 2.0 hp/ci is a damn good engine..

I love the ls series engines but, don't think you couldn't build a big block to make as much and I know for a fact more... Simple math.

You are silly to say such a broad statement, the BBC will EASILY surpass most ls series engine in the TQ department. Motor for motor!

as far as big blocks being exspensive most shops can build a 500 + cubed BBC for about 15000 and get you around 1000 hp TURN KEY.

To build a 1000 hp ls you are looking at more then that TURN KEY!

Get your head out of your ASS

Dude there is no reason to insult him for a statement. He was stating opinion and not fact, just as you are stating your opinion and not hard fact. each of you will obviously have your own hard evidence to support this theory.

Yes Big Block motors will pound for pound out torque small blocks BUT Small blocks have the ability to rev to ridiculous RPMS and make a huge torque curve that will wind out faster than a BB. and a big block will prolly take a small off the line but the Small is gonna walk all over the BB in the long run. again this is my opinion and not presented as anything else.

So :chillpill:

Dude there is no reason to insult him for a statement. He was stating opinion and not fact, just as you are stating your opinion and not hard fact. each of you will obviously have your own hard evidence to support this theory.

Yes Big Block motors will pound for pound out torque small blocks BUT Small blocks have the ability to rev to ridiculous RPMS and make a huge torque curve that will wind out faster than a BB. and a big block will prolly take a small off the line but the Small is gonna walk all over the BB in the long run. again this is my opinion and not presented as anything else.

So :chillpill:

:withstupid: Everybody take a deeeeeep breath. Now let it out.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages, or applications. It all depends on what you want to do.

Jeez, I don't see any small blocks in top fuel drag racing. Someone show me where you can get a small block that will run with the ZZ572/720 for this cheap and a 12,000 milw warranty.

There is no replacement for displacement.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...754816_-1_10763

Edited by shreveportSS (see edit history)

Do you smoke crack on the regular, Any engine that can produce 2.0 hp/ci is a damn good engine..

I love the ls series engines but, don't think you couldn't build a big block to make as much and I know for a fact more... Simple math.

You are silly to say such a broad statement, the BBC will EASILY surpass most ls series engine in the TQ department. Motor for motor!

as far as big blocks being exspensive most shops can build a 500 + cubed BBC for about 15000 and get you around 1000 hp TURN KEY.

To build a 1000 hp ls you are looking at more then that TURN KEY!

Get your head out of your ASS

dude how about you get your head out of your ass....to put that motor in our trucks will be far more expensive and more hassle then its worth....i dont what power a big block can make but its not worth the effort for our trucks. so before you try and insult me how aobut read dumbass

Whoa, Quik. First off you came out saying "you can have your 572 ill just build a LSX motor for less and well go truck for truck and see that wasted big block go to shame" So that in its self is such a blanket statement! Sounds to me you are on a High horse about your lsx platform! that's fine. You were insulting the poster with how BAD your LSX is, V.S a BBC 572.

As far as the dumb ass comment, that's fine. At least I have experience in BOTH BBC, SBC, and prob. have more knowledge/ FACt to support my argument. You on the other hand have knowledge of only one side of the story, and that's never going to be enough to start such a bold argument, and expect someone to not call you on it.

"i dont what power a big block can make but its not worth the effort for our trucks" I think you are saying you don't know what kind of power a BBC can make, but the cost is not worth it. That may be true cost wise if you look at initiall money that has to be spent, however Many of the parts left over from the build can be sold for a FAIR amount of money! I personally would not undergo such a project, but it could be done, And I would think the BB TQ would move a Silverado nicley!

As far as ZZebes Comments on a SBC making a broader powerband, That is just BS . A BBC will make MORE TQ and More Hp from idle to redline if all things are equal. Most high HP SB ls1 or gen 1, will suffer in the low end from radical cams, and longer duration/ lsa that is needed for optimum vaccum for the EFI/Power acc. to work properly. Not to mention IMO no Engine should be spun higher then the oiling sytem or block can withstand!

Sure you might be able to spin a solid roller ls1 346 to 8000 rpm, but you can get pretty damn close with a big block, have a better oiling system,more TQ and less concerns of block failure!. I could get into this alot more.... The bottom line is, YES it can be done, It would move the Truck just fine, and would be a neat project to take on.. Goodluck!

So, Quik and ZZebes you both have obviously displayed lack of knowledge for this argument.......

Thanks-

Next?

:driving:

Whoa, Quik. First off you came out saying "you can have your 572 ill just build a LSX motor for less and well go truck for truck and see that wasted big block go to shame" So that in its self is such a blanket statement! Sounds to me you are on a High horse about your lsx platform! that's fine. You were insulting the poster with how BAD your LSX is, V.S a BBC 572.

As far as the dumb ass comment, that's fine. At least I have experience in BOTH BBC, SBC, and prob. have more knowledge/ FACt to support my argument. You on the other hand have knowledge of only one side of the story, and that's never going to be enough to start such a bold argument, and expect someone to not call you on it.

"i dont what power a big block can make but its not worth the effort for our trucks" I think you are saying you don't know what kind of power a BBC can make, but the cost is not worth it. That may be true cost wise if you look at initiall money that has to be spent, however Many of the parts left over from the build can be sold for a FAIR amount of money! I personally would not undergo such a project, but it could be done, And I would think the BB TQ would move a Silverado nicley!

As far as ZZebes Comments on a SBC making a broader powerband, That is just BS . A BBC will make MORE TQ and More Hp from idle to redline if all things are equal. Most high HP SB ls1 or gen 1, will suffer in the low end from radical cams, and longer duration/ lsa that is needed for optimum vaccum for the EFI/Power acc. to work properly. Not to mention IMO no Engine should be spun higher then the oiling sytem or block can withstand!

Sure you might be able to spin a solid roller ls1 346 to 8000 rpm, but you can get pretty damn close with a big block, have a better oiling system,more TQ and less concerns of block failure!. I could get into this alot more.... The bottom line is, YES it can be done, It would move the Truck just fine, and would be a neat project to take on.. Goodluck!

So, Quik and ZZebes you both have obviously displayed lack of knowledge for this argument.......

Thanks-

Next?

:driving:

i been around big blocks...im stating is for you to buy this 572 and have it installed in the trucks frame is far more expensive then building a LSX with same power goals. a 600 hp LSX would be far cheaper and less labor work then putting a 572 and all its components in the truck. if you wnat a chassis to drop a 572 in find a early 90s SSS....anyone can hack a motor in a vehicle but to do it right will cost money.....money that can be spent elsewhere

i know the larger cubes make more power in long run but there is a point when its not practical. so for you to sit there and try and judge my knowledge with a few quotes isnt going to get you or anyone else anywhere but fooled.

as for high on a LSX they have their flaws just like any other motor but right now there isnt another motor i would rather have as a platform...

so IMHO a 572 big block isnt worth the hassle to drop in the new frames..years ago a guy took two trucks and made his own 496 big block truck. he had to use a HD frame i believe mated to a 1500 frame parts or soemthing like that. again more work then needed. yes different and it was a RCSB now you want ot put it in a awd truck... just not worth the hassle you would have close to 50k roughly to make 600 hp.......not worth it but if you want ot be different got ahead but dont cut up a good title truck to go back in foot steps

Where the hell d you get off calling anybodies knowledge out, for the love of god man all i was trying to do was smother a situation before it got out of hand but you and your 3 year old mind had to have the last god damned word because you dnt have a large enough mind or vocabulary to speak like an adult so how about you go off and live in your world and quit stirring up the shit here. :yellow_loser:

Please ZZebes, Stir things up... I don't "stir" things up here. I, for the most part don't get in silly BS like this. You do realize you were completely wrong in your "broad powerband" statement, dont you? Quik I personally think you are a smartass, I have read your post on tech as well, you act as if your all mighty RACE truck, means you have the right to ba a smartass! I was just telling the poster that it can be done. That is all. You started the "MY CAR CAN WHIP ANYTHING ALIVE MENTALITY". iT'S JUST SILLY TO ME HOW ECOCKS COME OUT, AND ETHUGS TALK SHIT!

HAVE A GREAT DAY.

First off, H8R i presented my statements as OPINION and sid as such in my post. also, i never have stated that my truck can beat anything alive in fact in its current state its not. But i have never been shy to admit if i am wrong, i know what i know and peple know more than me. thats how we learn. I will be the first to admit that my knowladge of Big Block motors is limited at best. and i am learning when it comes to small blocks. You came into this thread wit an attitude and not being proffesional about it and took it as a personal vendetta of sorts when all you had to do was simply state yur disagreement. and at the end of the day, arguing on the internet is pointless. so we all need to chill and get our heads back on.