572 Big Block

Rod

you can have your 572 ill just build a LSX motor for less and well go truck for truck and see that wasted big block go to shame

big blocks are cool for older rides. todays technology destroys yesterdays knowledge.. you can easily make a 7.0 litre produce more then enough to run circles around that big block and with the 7.0 it will bolt up to rest of driveline...the bigblock wont and wil lclost more then its worht

Do you smoke crack on the regular, Any engine that can produce 2.0 hp/ci is a damn good engine..

I love the ls series engines but, don't think you couldn't build a big block to make as much and I know for a fact more... Simple math.

You are silly to say such a broad statement, the BBC will EASILY surpass most ls series engine in the TQ department. Motor for motor!

as far as big blocks being exspensive most shops can build a 500 + cubed BBC for about 15000 and get you around 1000 hp TURN KEY.

To build a 1000 hp ls you are looking at more then that TURN KEY!

Get your head out of your ASS

I think you should put your head in your ass.... if you can't even have an opinion on this site what the hell is the point of it?? I mean come on if people can throw small blacks in chevettes whats wong with a big block in an SS.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well ill throw in my opinion for shits a giggles.

big blocks

Pros Extreme torque, bigger displacement, sounds bad ass, when you say it has a big block it just sound cool,lots of aftermarket parts

cons weight, cost to retrofit, makes a trans swap a must, blowing it will require a hole in the hood. turbos will be very tight if you can find some where to put them.

ls motor

pros comes stock, will basically bolt in, tons of aftermarket stuff, blowers and turbos easier to fit under the hood. light weight. can use stock =beefed transmission. can apppear to be stock n/a.

cons not cheap to build, cant have huge displacement( the lsx should change that though) , can still require tranny swaps.

there may be a couple things i missed but you get the point, for me a built ls motor was a better choice. since i already have the power adders. i also plan to run a 4l65e. imo a big block would be very cool, but imo it would be more for bragging rights. so if you want a big block yes it is possible , hell you could use the 8.1 (496) as a platfrom and go from there sinc ethey come stock in some 2500 hd's bolting one in wouldnt be as hard. The lsx motors are just the newer technology and are making simlar power. not to mention the new lsx and warhawk blocks are getting good displacement sizes.

Please ZZebes, Stir things up... I don't "stir" things up here. I, for the most part don't get in silly BS like this. You do realize you were completely wrong in your "broad powerband" statement, dont you? Quik I personally think you are a smartass, I have read your post on tech as well, you act as if your all mighty RACE truck, means you have the right to ba a smartass! I was just telling the poster that it can be done. That is all. You started the "MY CAR CAN WHIP ANYTHING ALIVE MENTALITY". iT'S JUST SILLY TO ME HOW ECOCKS COME OUT, AND ETHUGS TALK SHIT!

HAVE A GREAT DAY.

sorry to hear that you think certain things. again sorry i dont claim my truck to be a racetruck and i dont claim it to be god like. never once. if you can find it on the net ill give you a dollar...as for being smartass take it as you will. my work on my truck is just a fun unique toy that i plan on DD for summer... as for ethug or Ecock sorry you think that way...have a nice evening

H8R was the first to throw the first e-punch anyway.

I've never seen Quik report anything other than his personal experiences when talking about his truck, and I REALLY enjoy reading his posts and viewing his pictures on his project. Those posts make my e-life easier as I try to plan my next stages of SSS mods. Yes, his is a RCSB of the previous body style, but he supports his claims with pictures and part numbers in most cases and makes my day easier.

Personally, I think Quik is a smartass too. I'm a smartass... as are several other members on this site. It's called a sense of humor... Smartass = better than being a dumbass.

I've never seen Quik report anything other than his personal experiences when talking about his truck, and I REALLY enjoy reading his posts and viewing his pictures on his project. Those posts make my e-life easier as I try to plan my next stages of SSS mods. Yes, his is a RCSB of the previous body style, but he supports his claims with pictures and part numbers in most cases and makes my day easier.

Personally, I think Quik is a smartass too. I'm a smartass... as are several other members on this site. It's called a sense of humor... Smartass = better than being a dumbass.

This is a funny post. I know nothing about engines so I won't post about them. But will take the chance to be a post whore :jester: Blah Blah blah my BB my SB lol :crackup:

This is a funny post. I know nothing about engines so I won't post about them. But will take the chance to be a post whore :jester: Blah Blah blah my BB my SB lol :crackup:

:crackup::crackup: :crackup: :lol:

To the topic, I dont see an 8.1 swap being too difficult. You could sell that Vortec Max and 4L65 and buy an 8.1/4L80. Only potentual problems I see are motor mounts, tranny crossmembers, driveshaft (assuming your going to run 2WD)(easy fix), and reprograming the computers, maybe hood clearence, but I doubt it unless you want forced induction.

HP=$

Edited by SchmidDaddY (see edit history)

:crackup::crackup: :crackup: :lol:

To the topic, I dont see an 8.1 swap being too difficult. You could sell that Vortec Max and 4L65 and buy an 8.1/4L80. Only potentual problems I see are motor mounts, tranny crossmembers, driveshaft (assuming your going to run 2WD)(easy fix), and reprograming the computers, maybe hood clearence, but I doubt it unless you want forced induction.

HP=$

have you looked at the HD frames? they are much wider up front. thats why a 6.0 looks tiny in a HD frame. the HD frame is setup for the 8.1 or the duramax

again like stated the guy that did the 8.1 swap years ago had to make two trucks/frames and etc work together and again not worth the hassle

thanks!!! but to let you know most of what i do to my truck will work on your SSS, VHO, Vmax and etc. sheet metal can be swapped to work on either truck.