Site issues and future updates

sk_josh

• Admin

Hi guys! I understand a few people are a upset because of the issues we have been having with the software running on the site. I completely understand so this post is to address these issues, and to let everyone know where we stand regarding upgrades on the site.

Template Issues: When we upgraded the site a few users were having problems seeing the forum in 'outline' view. Some of the buttons that allow these options to be changed were not working.

Resolution: I have installed the site skin from scratch and re-added our sponsors. Everything should be working again as normal so if not let me know.

Garage Issue: Garage/Registry displays error when opened. The software when reinstalled failed and caused even more problems.

Resolution: The software that runs the garage system is awful by nature. Every time we do an upgrade to the forum for security updates, the software breaks. We have to wait for a new release to be available. The last few releases have no worked on our server. So, in order to solve this I have been on the search for better software to replace it. I am excited to say I have finally found something that is better. The good is also the bad. Since the software does not run off of Invisionboard then it will have a seperate login.

I have played around with the idea of having a site wide registry for our trucks. It would be a single system for gm-trucks.com/silveradoss.com/trailblazerss.com. This would allow for the sytem to be maintained much better. What is everyones thoughts on having a shared registry with the other sites?

Supporting Member Issues: Users were being charged automatically (since they selected to be when they signed up), but their supporting member status did not transfer.

Resolution: We have updated everyone that we currently know about who has experienced problems. If you are being charged automatically this is because you selected to have this done when you originally signed up. This is an option for PayPal, and we would never charge people without their permission. So, If you were charged and you did not want to be, or your member status did not upgrade, then please see this thread in the site comments: http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30999

We will give you a refund or update your registration, whichever you want.

T-Shirt/Hat Issue: There were a few people who have not yet recieved their refunds or shirt/hat.

Resolution: If you have not contacted Zane yet about this issue then please do so now. We are placing another order of hats and shirts soon. Also, instead of doing all the ordering of products through the forum, we will have a products page soon. if you have ideas for SilveradoSS.com gear then let us know! We already have hats, shirts, and keychains. Products to come include mousepads, and a calender showcasing our own user's trucks!

Gallery Issue: I have wanted to expand upon this for a while. The current gallery system is not very convenient and thus doesnt get used very much. It is currently avalable to supporting members only.

Resolution: A new verison, completely integrated with the forum, has been installed. Its free for everyone to use! It has many more options and I think everone will love it. There are links to it on the top right of the forum, the top left menu. The only downside is that the images cannot be transfered from the old to the new. So, if you have images in the old gallery you have a few weeks to download them again before we remove the system...

Remove your pictures from the OLD Gallery: http://www.silveradoss.com/gallery/index.php?cat=1

And put them up on the NEW Gallery: http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...;module=gallery

Supporting Members: You have more space then the free version! Free is 10 MB but supporting members have up 30 MB and SS Supporting members have 50MB.

Thats it for right now. I look forward to hearing everyones comments. If your having any other issues then please let me know by sending an email to [email protected]. Thanks for bearing with us!

Very good. I think alot of the frustration stemmed from the fact that we weren't being told anything, especially the supporting members. But, glad to see that the site will be around for a while, and that you're working hard to make it better. The other board I'm on is a VB board. It seems like there's more stuff you can add to them as far as galleries, ect. Any thoughts?

one last thing can we please ditch the google ads? at least the supporting members??

:withstupid: I am disapointed that I never discovered the chat room until it did not work any more and is now gone. I would like to see it return.

:withstupid: seemed like a good idea but apparently not enough people used it.

:withstupid: i also would like the google ads gone, i've inadvertantly clicked on them as well, and there annoying.

otherwise glad to hear everything is getting fixed.

i'm not a supporting member, but thats because there were a lot of things not working, if it is all repaired i would support the forum, but there is one concern for me... i was hoping we could get some recognition for the Vmax-Vho guys, you know like hats, shirts, key fobs, maybe throw a couple of us in the calender?... and no i'm not nominating myself, although i would'nt refuse :jester: i can post a new topic and gaurentee i will get a bunch of people to pre order these items?.

let me know what you guys think?.

thanks for taking care of these problems Josh. It's nice to finally get some feedback from the Administrator(s). I like the changes, I really do. Once you and Zane get all the bugs worked out it should be one of the best sites on the net. :thumbs: