sound...ie mufflers

Quik

ok i been debating on how i want to do my exhaust. i want the most out of my combo..

iwas going to run dual 3" into x then out the side

or i was going to run dual 3" into a single 4" out the side.....if i go this route i already got a 4" flowmaster

if i go the true duals then im not sure what mufflers i want...been thinking bullets or SLP loud mouth muffler

i love the sound of a super 40 flowmaster but this is just about an all out build so this time every HP counts....i just cant pull myself to liking magnaflows. i just cant. been listening to sound clips for past 30minutes and not one of them sound mean

exhaust will consist of 1 7/8 stepped to 2" headers with 3.5" collectors with no cats and dual 3"

yes it will be loud....so post up soem sound clips or suggestions

thanx

i've got duel 3" super 40's, but the rest of the exhaust is stock for now, i just ordered my tune, and i specified no cats and pacesetters, so i will have them installed when i get the pcm back.

i could post a clip of the duels now if you want, or it'll be about a week before i get it finished.

also i can't see anyone outflowing 3" true duel's unless there pushing a ton of cfm.

now if you use an x-pipe then it will only flow as much as that will allow, i never understood the point of having a restriction in your exhaust.. unless you just wanted low-end torque, but then why go duels? i think a single 3-1/2 or 4" would be good for that.

i've got duel 3" super 40's, but the rest of the exhaust is stock for now, i just ordered my tune, and i specified no cats and pacesetters, so i will have them installed when i get the pcm back.

i could post a clip of the duels now if you want, or it'll be about a week before i get it finished.

also i can't see anyone outflowing 3" true duel's unless there pushing a ton of cfm.

now if you use an x-pipe then it will only flow as much as that will allow, i never understood the point of having a restriction in your exhaust.. unless you just wanted low-end torque, but then why go duels? i think a single 3-1/2 or 4" would be good for that.

the X or H help with equaling the gases.

I'd go with the Loudmouth; I've been in a 00 WS6 car with TRex, Kooks, & LM and really liked it. Sounds like a Corsa but not as 'tinny' at idle. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

thats what i been thinking. dual Loudmouth resonators....it just might be on the loud side

I'd go with the Loudmouth; I've been in a 00 WS6 car with TRex, Kooks, & LM and really liked it. Sounds like a Corsa but not as 'tinny' at idle. :thumbs:

thats what i been thinking. dual Loudmouth resonators....it just might be on the loud side

Yes it was loud! You could still talk in the car but no more whispering at cruise! I figured that you wouldn't care about that as you were going 3" pipe anyways, no matter what you do you'll be talking over it.

Another thought, one of the most memorable exhausts I've heard was an Fbody using Kooks headers, ORY, & dual Edelbrock mufflers; car had a FMS F13 cam, totally wicked idle and quiet. But I don't know what kind of flow/performance the Edelbrocks have... I just remember that car, sounded amazing.

Mr. P.

Yes it was loud! You could still talk in the car but no more whispering at cruise! I figured that you wouldn't care about that as you were going 3" pipe anyways, no matter what you do you'll be talking over it.

Another thought, one of the most memorable exhausts I've heard was an Fbody using Kooks headers, ORY, & dual Edelbrock mufflers; car had a FMS F13 cam, totally wicked idle and quiet. But I don't know what kind of flow/performance the Edelbrocks have... I just remember that car, sounded amazing.

Mr. P.

yea that 02 ss with my old motor has LTs ORY and LM and its loud, figured my setup would be around that or louder. well see what i can stuff under the truck