Money

SS Silv

I do not remeber a whole lot of trig in my statics class It was mainly calculus.

Maybe some, but solving right and oblique force triangles, and solving for horizontal and vertical components of angular forces is all trig.

Maybe you are calling the three laws of equilibrium calculus. I guess maybe it would be. Summation of moments about any point as well as the summation of horizontal and vertical forces should all be zero???

Mike

Yeah we learned summatins in calculus. And yes the sum of the forces=0

Huh? :confused:

LOL we are discussing Statics I know we got a little off topic

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... well our pastor and her husband live in a mobile home, drive a pt cruiser and a lumina minivan. our church has a monthly food bank that we feed at least 500 low income families in our community. ...
It's good to hear you are involved with people that really are going out of their way to pursue a good cause.

:confused: Wait a minute - you said "paster and her husband"? In my upbringing that would be totally frowned on!

yeah me too. but times they are a changin......... and she is pretty good.

up until summer '06 I bought pretty much anything I wanted and had a pretty good upper hand on finances,

we vacationed 1-2 times a month, bought and sold multiple cars a month (on the side), had big cash coming in and out each week... basically didn't worry about shit!

I was by no means RICH, but I would say well off... (for a 24 year old)

over $100k in vehicles paid off! 2 houses...yada yada yada... THEN...

I bought my dream house, and then spent $40k+ on upgrades/renovations out of pocket...

so now my new mortgage is more a month than I net at work, and I'm still not done with the house :shakehead:

the mods on the truck have come to a halt, and we are down to little money a month. I have resorted to selling off my other 2 houses so I can refinance the new house and get a regular mortgage. plus the baby's daycare is $244 a week so that blows!

I still hustle cars on the side so thats how I'm stayin afloat... and mama makes decent money but nothing near what i do, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET A NORMAL MORTGAGE AGAIN!

on a side note, it would be easier if the rental I was selling had a tenant in it... lol

I just feed the kids ramen noodles and tell them about the starving kids in China, so I can save for the next mod. :)

That was funny as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best thing you do is organize yourself and plan out your income/expenses like Mr. P said.

I would do that, but my kids don't like noodles. (I know , they're weird) :jester:

Seriously though, this is a great post. My wife and I have been talking about doing a budget for a while, but we never seem to get a round to it. This thread has kind of lit a fire under us to do it, because I'm tired of being broke at the end of every month with nothing in savings emergencies, repairs, mods, or anything. There are soooooo many things I want to do with my SS, and I am going to build another muscle car/hot rod. After reading this thread I now have some insight, and the desire, to make it happen.

Thanks. :thumbs:

no wife and no kids

work my ass off 60 hours a week

:driving:

:withstupid:

I have no credit card debt and I only buy things when I have the money to do so. I also have a really good job and even though I pay for everything I have/own, I'm fortunate enough to live at home rent free. If I had a house payment I wouldn't be able to afford it.

:withstupid: gee your not the only one that can say that, i'm sure there are a bunch of in the same situation, myself included

well our pastor and her husband live in a mobile home, drive a pt cruiser and a lumina minivan. our church has a monthly food bank that we feed at least 500 low income families in our community.

as for THAT CAUSE, its my conviction, and it says in the BIBLE all of our wealth is GODS, he only wants 10% for his work. i can personally attest that since i have been giving mine, i have been blessed weekly. i have a lot of bills right now (supporting 2 houses and utilities along with spousal support) but even after the bills are paid, somehow i have money left over.

i have paid my percent with the last money i have had, went on a call on monday morning and recieved a $100 tip. and got tips all week to make it back to payday.

thats the best 100 post I read so far