got a new toy today

jon1178

thats a nice bike. No disc brakes?

nope, no disc brakes. thought about getting some to install but the vstyle brake setup is just as good as the disc brake setup unless you get into a hydraulic which in that case there is no comparison. and hyro disc brakes are big bucks and i already spent enough for one day.

2K is alot for a first bike but once you get into it you will see it is pretty expensive to upgrade. You might as well get it all in the beginning. Good luck. You will get hooked just like you did with your truck if you are anything like me. The bike I got is on the cheap side of the full suspension bikes. Mine is the cheapest FS bike from Specialized.

Scott's are nice bikes. I looked at those recently. I just orderd a Specialized FSR XC Comp. Should be here in a few weeks. As a bigger (235 lbs) rider, I decided to go full suspension. I currently have a Cannondale hardtail.

you do realize I own a shop in MD up the coast from you carry that bike and offer an SS discount..

shortbus i was planning on using you for my bike but i dont think you could have got me the deal i got on this bike. as you can see msrp on the scale 70 is almost $1k. well i happened to get lucky and was looking on my local bike dealers website and noticed that they had this bike marked as a little over $600 and i instantly knew it was a misprint. so i printed off the page and went down to the shop and started ask question about the bike. it had a price tag of $879.99 on it so i asked if it was on sale because the website price was different. well to make it short their webmaster put the wrong priced on the website and i ended up getting one hell of a deal.