Help! Installing air bags on lowered SS.

AZSS

I'm trying to install Firestone kit #2320 on my truck and things don't look right. Truck is lowered using McGaughy's kit.

My issue is there doesn't seem to be enough room vertically to install w/out squashing bag to fit. Also, frame in the area forward of the axle has a bend in it so bracket won't fit flush. It looks like it would mount flush to the rear of the axle. Any advice would be appreciated!

I assume the kit goes between the frame and leaf springs?

The McGaughy's kit I have has an offset bracket for the upper bag mount and the lower one uses the leaf spring. I can get pics, but I doubt that would help your situation. Why didn't you get the McGaughy's kit since you have the drop kit.

Thanks Supercharged. I'm really good about researching things and I swore that others had used a Firestone kit on a lowered truck. I had no idea McGaughy's made a kit. After I posted I also read the post further down the page addressing this issue. :sigh:

When I emailed Firestone, they said their kit wouldn't work with a lowered kit.

Also I think the McGaughy's kit uses Firestone bags.

I think the option I will use it the Airlift kit. You can get the bags and even a compressor for around $300.

I think the option I will use it the Airlift kit. You can get the bags and even a compressor for around $300.

i should have clarified... i use the airlift kit, part #59103. Summit has the kit for $169.88, highly recommend it for ease of installation and quality of product.

i should have clarified... i use the airlift kit, part #59103. Summit has the kit for $169.88, highly recommend it for ease of installation and quality of product.

Any pictures of your setup mounted the way it is?

I have the exact setup. Make sure the bag is the 9001 and not the 9000. The 9001 is shorter. I have blown through 3 9000's because the bag itself is too tall and rubs against itself and creates a hole. Don't leave the bag completely empty or it will fail.

Good luck

Wiz

Any pictures of your setup mounted the way it is?

I dont have any as of right now, but I am supposed to take my truck to the mechanic to possibly get my rear drum to disc conversion done this Saturday, so if I do, I will take some pics of the air setup for ya.