We're getting sandblasted!!

CoolBlueSS

we are getting shitty weather up here in minnesota, last night we got glazed with ice, and

now it has been snowing all day-and it is going to snow until monday

they are telling us we are in the range of 8-15 inches of snow!!

i am at work for the sheriff's department in southern minnesota and we are advising NO

travel at all, due to the high winds causing the drifts

good luck to all :thumbs:

the wind blow like that all the time here in western nevada, i think its because we have california (which blows) on one side and utah (which sucks) on the other.

we call it the washoe zephyr here... we have semi trucks blow over all the time.

When I was in Iraq in 2005, I remember a sandstorm that blew through Al Asad. It honestly looked like a scene out of the movie, "The Mummy." It looked as if it were a sand wall coming towards us, very, very, slowly. It was so hard to breath too. I can't find my pictures of it, but I googled it and found some. Check out these sites.

Al Asad sandstorm

Al Asad

Well the great thing about Texas is that it just decides to storm and get it all over with in a short amount of time - it's absolutely gorgeous here today.

It is isnt it!, you would think it would look like hell from yesterdays high gust winds, But then again its Texas

Yeah, Sat I had to work indoors from 8-1PM, when I left there to go outside, it looked as if I was on MARS!!!

Then I went to the Decatur swap meet to "eat some dirt". LOL!!! Heck, when I got back home and jumped in the shower, it looked like red river water running down the drain. Needless to say, this was the 1st swap meet I came back home empty handed.....