Multiple Tunes?

CNE

I recently found out there is a handheld tuner available for the mustangs that can have 3 seperate tunes. One for everyday driving like 87 octane, then a performance 93 octane tune, then like a 150 shot Nitrous tune all on one handheld unit. So, you get to the track and wanna spray, you just load your N02 tune and go for it. Does anyone have this capability for GM? It's only like $400 for the 'stangs.

I recently found out there is a handheld tuner available for the mustangs that can have 3 seperate tunes. One for everyday driving like 87 octane, then a performance 93 octane tune, then like a 150 shot Nitrous tune all on one handheld unit. So, you get to the track and wanna spray, you just load your N02 tune and go for it. Does anyone have this capability for GM? It's only like $400 for the 'stangs.

jesse bubb at wait4me peformance can do that, he sells a handheld that he programs 3 custom tunes into it for you. i'm waiting on a tuned pcm from him now, but i was considering the handheld too.. in the end i just went with what i could afford this month.

i still may upgrade to the handheld version later, if my mods require me to?.

• 3 weeks later...
jesse bubb at wait4me peformance can do that, he sells a handheld that he programs 3 custom tunes into it for you. i'm waiting on a tuned pcm from him now, but i was considering the handheld too.. in the end i just went with what i could afford this month.

i still may upgrade to the handheld version later, if my mods require me to?.

Jesse can also do a dual tune with the tow/ haul mode. That way you could switch on the fly. Might be good for nitrous or maybe detuning the shift firmness for when the wife drives.

Jesse can also do a dual tune with the tow/ haul mode. That way you could switch on the fly. Might be good for nitrous or maybe detuning the shift firmness for when the wife drives.

i thought that the tow/haul mode would only change transmission functions not engine settings as well?.. i had my tow haul set to shift firmer and higher then the normal setting.

i may have to check into that with jessie if i decide to do a nitrous set-up later on.

good news is i'm happy with my tune, and i didn't have to do any re-learns or anything :thumbs:

i thought that the tow/haul mode would only change transmission functions not engine settings as well?.. i had my tow haul set to shift firmer and higher then the normal setting.

i may have to check into that with jessie if i decide to do a nitrous set-up later on.

good news is i'm happy with my tune, and i didn't have to do any re-learns or anything :thumbs:

I thought it could do engine tune as well. There was a huge thread about dual tunes over on ls1tech.com in the conversions section. Its been a while since I read it, but I was pretty sure Jesse was saying it could be done.

I think when I ordered a tune for my brothers truck from Jesse, I asked him about that (if memory serves me correctly,) and he said with the T/H setting he could only change transmission parameters. :dunno:

That's correct. Tow/haul mode only affects transmission settings.

Justin