Dyno Tested.com

Schmids5.3l

I ordered my Outlaw intake from dyno tested (from Outlaw's website). Anyone else order from them? It was $250 shipped. I ask because I ordered online Wednesday, and now its Saturday night, and my card account hasn't changed. I emailed them asking how the order was going and gave them the receipt #, and I got an automated Email response saying one of the sales ppl from dynotested's staff was going to email me within an hour...and that was a good 8 hours ago. I did get an Email confirmation and recept from Paypal saying ''I payed $250 to Dyno tested, on my card statement it will show Paypal Dyno tested'' after I ordered on Wednesday.

Well, that makes me feel better :thumbs:

edit: Just got an Email from them, they said there's a back order because their waiting for the new dry filters to come in and I gotta wait for that, so it should be shipped by the end of this week.

Edited by SchmidDaddY (see edit history)

They got rid of the resonator that was on the tube. They said too many people did not understand the technology. It reminded people too much of the stock system, so people that did not understand tuning, thought it was a silencer.

edit: Just got an Email from them, they said there's a back order because their waiting for the new dry filters to come in and I gotta wait for that, so it should be shipped by the end of this week.

They got rid of the resonator that was on the tube. They said too many people did not understand the technology. It reminded people too much of the stock system, so people that did not understand tuning, thought it was a silencer.

Its a 2 function peice of the system....

Yes... it does act as a silencer, but it is also an engineered part of the system that allows the kit to produce tq at certain RPM range.

The Outlaw Power intake tube is engineered

with a Hemholtz resonator bottle. While the

factory resonator is used to suppress noise

levels, the Outlaw Power 'boost bottle' is

engineered for a torque increase at 3500 RPM.

The Outlaw Power tube is tuned for the

maximum torque throughout your trucks power

band.

This is an Outlaw Power exclusive

feature.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for them to ship/get the email notice :mad: :mad:

Im going to Email them tommorrow at around 5pm to see if they've shipped yet, even tho Im supposed to get an email when they do ship. Only getting annoyed because I ordered it on the 21st of Feb.

I'd imagine. On Outlaws site they say you have the option to choose between the dry filter or the gauze...I didn't, they were going to ship me the gauze, then decided to wait for the dry's to come in, which is cool, because I look forward to the cleaning process of the dry's... Its so easy, a caveman could do it. :lol:

When it finally gets shipped and gets here Ill measure the pipe Inner/outter diameter for you, if that would help.

I'd imagine. On Outlaws site they say you have the option to choose between the dry filter or the gauze...I didn't, they were going to ship me the gauze, then decided to wait for the dry's to come in, which is cool, because I look forward to the cleaning process of the dry's... Its so easy, a caveman could do it. :lol:

When it finally gets shipped and gets here Ill measure the pipe Inner/outter diameter for you, if that would help.

it would if you could. ive toyed with the idea of getting a spare filter just for cleaning purposes but since i dont drive mine daily i am able to live with the cleaning and drying process ok.

either way a dry filter may be the way to go in the future.

The Outlaw Power NeverOil filtration media is 100% qualified for OEM use, in fact, Caterpillar and Porsche use the filtration media from the same company for their OEM filters.

I heard the dry filters are not good for our motors, is this true? Its because they are still in the testing stage and it doesn't catch all the eliments. Not sure, just need clarification.
Edited by haulin79 (see edit history)