My Other Truck

Fireman31

If you already couldn't tell by my screen name, I am a volunteer firefighter here on Long Island.

Attached are photos of my engine company's apparatus.

For those interested in what kind of power drives this, it has a 415hp turbocharged 50-Series Detroit Diesel

and a 5 speed Allison Trans.....................

:flag:

Sweet Ride .... :thumbs:

OK ... GPM? Single or two Stage, and do you have Foam preconnects???? How much water is the tank ?? Looking like a 750-1000.

I still love the Fire Department ... Too bad I have really been super busy at the PD lately, and haven't made that many calls in while....

OK ... GPM? Single or two Stage, and do you have Foam preconnects???? How much water is the tank ?? Looking like a 750-1000.

I still love the Fire Department ... Too bad I have really been super busy at the PD lately, and haven't made that many calls in while....

OK.....it is a Hale 1750 gpm Single Stage pump

750 gallon tank

50 gallon foam tank

The only pre connect we run is a 100ft front trash line, everything else is a static load.

In reference to the quarter mile, well the rig is actually very fast and reaches its top speed (governed) of 68 mph very quickly.

I love being a firefighter, and enjoy serving my community. Firefighting is a family tradition in my family. Anyone who has the time to volunteer, it is a real rewarding experience, not to mention it is an adrenaline rush like no other, no even drag racing.......

:cheers:

OK.....it is a Hale 1750 gpm Single Stage pump

750 gallon tank

50 gallon foam tank

The only pre connect we run is a 100ft front trash line, everything else is a static load.

In reference to the quarter mile, well the rig is actually very fast and reaches its top speed (governed) of 68 mph very quickly.

I love being a firefighter, and enjoy serving my community. Firefighting is a family tradition in my family. Anyone who has the time to volunteer, it is a real rewarding experience, not to mention it is an adrenaline rush like no other, no even drag racing.......

:cheers: nice I just got on a HAZ MAT fire rescue team in L.A.

E-ones are a nice trucks :thumbs: here is my other baby

It is a 81 supthen 1250 two stage pump 500 gallens of water. Soon it will be replaced in 08

Yeah there is just something about those old rigs, a mystique, that makes them so cool.

What are they looking at getting RockHead????

Our rig is a 2000 model year and it already has more miles than any other piece of fire apparatus we have, around 30,000 to be exact, not counting the 2 new piece of crap 2006 Spartan/Crimsons they got last year. Ours is still the cream of the crop.

Here on LI, more specifically Suffolk County, HazMat is handled by the county and town jurisdictions. We are equipped to handle very minor incidents, but the towns and county gets called out for everything else. There are 10 towns, or divisions, some larger than others. Each division has a HazMat team along with the county HazMat squad.

We are looking at used 2001 KME heavy rescue. ( Im not a big fan of the deal at all ). We already Have a 1999 pumper 1500 2 stange pump KME , and we like it so , That's we are staying with KME .The ative force voted last nit to keep the supthen pumper . So We are selling our 1992 ford/sulbury rescue. The rescue is over loaded(as all trucks are), we are trying to think 10-15 years from now . We can get more meny for the ford now, then the supthen.

I see that you are from Long Island, NY .The KME Rescue that we just got is from West Islip fire company.

www.rockledgefireco.org

Not yet, Im from pa. and they are pushing for a CDL to drive a fire truck . But you just have to join a fire Company and you have to meet there training reqirements.

Yeah West Islip FD is in our division, I know a few guys there, they are pretty cool. KME makes good rigs, you will be pleased. When they ordered Spartans here we were all in shock because they have been buying E-One/Saulsbury for over 15 years. They had Spartans here many moons ago as I am told and were sold within one year of delivery because they were total pieces of crap. The new ones aren't much better, each one goes out of service at least once a month for stupid stuff(lots of computer glitches), that is why I am glad we still have an E-One.

As far as driving the apparatus, in my department you have to have 20 hours of driving and pumping time logged, no CDL required. You also have to have your New York State Motor Pump Operator certificate too.

:driving: