Opinions please - is my ex-wife trying to pull a fast one?

misterp

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note: she looks alot like you :thumbs:
Yup she's me in a skirt. Last night she told me she was peeved because Foose Design did not have a t-shirt in her size. :lol: And she has already called dibs on the SSS when she gets older...

On a side note: she looks alot like you :thumbs:
Yup she's me in a skirt. Last night she told me she was peeved because Foose Design did not have a t-shirt in her size. :lol: And she has already called dibs on the SSS when she gets older...

That's good. :crackup:

That's just messed up, her pulling stuff like that. I know at one point you were talking about trying to get custody. Anything come of that?

That's just messed up, her pulling stuff like that. I know at one point you were talking about trying to get custody. Anything come of that?

Well I wrote a huge long post in reply to this; but deleted it because it all boils down to one this simple fact - it won't be long now before the kids become sick of her shit. My daughter is almost 10, my stepson 12; I've already told them that I know they would be far better off if they lived with me and visted their mother occasionally, no more secrets, much more truth, real happiness. Their mother has already intimidated them against leaving CA, and I know it's only a matter of time before that approach will drive the kids away from her permanently. I took a chance that she would treat the kids differently than she treated me as her husband... the kids are just now realizing that woman's love is one-way.

Mr. P.

Well I wrote a huge long post in reply to this; but deleted it because it all boils down to one this simple fact - it won't be long now before the kids become sick of her shit. My daughter is almost 10, my stepson 12; I've already told them that I know they would be far better off if they lived with me and visted their mother occasionally, no more secrets, much more truth, real happiness. Their mother has already intimidated them against leaving CA, and I know it's only a matter of time before that approach will drive the kids away from her permanently. I took a chance that she would treat the kids differently than she treated me as her husband... the kids are just now realizing that woman's love is one-way.

Mr. P.

That's the best approach, and it will benefit you and your children in the end. Take it from someone who has been where your kids are now. I was 12 when my parents split. To make a long story short, I didn't have much of a relationship with my dad because of all the things that my mother planted in my head. When I became old enough to see through all the BS, I now have a great relationship with him.

That's the best approach, and it will benefit you and your children in the end. Take it from someone who has been where your kids are now. I was 12 when my parents split. To make a long story short, I didn't have much of a relationship with my dad because of all the things that my mother planted in my head. When I became old enough to see through all the BS, I now have a great relationship with him.
That's good - my parents divorced at about the same age and the same situation happened (my mother literally told me his heart was posessed by the devil) and I have not had a meaningful relationship with her since; likewise I've had enough of my father's shit hence my efforts lately to exit the family business in a way where he will not have to call me again. So I understand first-hand divorce dynamics. I know as things are at this moment the kids will be fairly happy/successful regardless of what their mother has done, it's the teen years I am worrying about and as they get closer to 13 I am going to start encouraging the fact that they are always welcome here with open arms their whole life, none of that 'when you're 18 my job ends' bs. The kids will gravitate to where they are welcomed and be repulsed by their mother's hostile attitudes, I'm sure of it I'm just hoping it happens before the kids develop serious problems like drug use, or anorexia, or self-worth problems etc.

Mr. P.

do this, save the pic and next time you see your daughter show it to her. ask "sweety is this you?" she'll definitely tell you the truth

she won't know to lie for her mom. kids are very truthful. that might be your only certainty here.

just an idea

ES :flag:

do this, save the pic and next time you see your daughter show it to her. ask "sweety is this you?" she'll definitely tell you the truth

she won't know to lie for her mom. kids are very truthful. that might be your only certainty here.

just an idea

ES :flag:

Yeah, I already asked my daughter and she asked me to keep a secret from her mother then told me that the pic mom sent me wasn't her. :shakehead:

read the whole thread? :confused: I was thinking it was your daughter but the family connection might explain some similarities.... Oh yeah, ALL women are crazy.... some just hide it better than others!! :jester:

There is no family connection - they are total strangers related by marriage.

And I'll have you all know that I'm working very hard to raise a young woman that isn't crazy. Not to say it's all in my control... The last thing I need is some future son-in-law who wants to bitch slap me for raising yet another loco female.

Mr. P.