Mid-length Headers

silverss05

I live in California so staying legal is a big thing for me. I am shopping for headers. I know long tubes are not legal. What about mid-length headers? WIll i see a better difference over say shorty headers? Do they bolt right up or does the exhaust have to be fabed to it? Whos making mid-length headers? Thanks for all the help.

Jason

i think asm's are mid length and chase was running tog's if i remember right before. also belanger maybe? bassani? there's at least a couple out there if i remember right. dont know of any mid lengths that actually bolt up to factory exhaust but maybe some do.

TOGs are CA legal, but out of business, and hard to find.

Bassani Optimum length headers are mid-lengths, CARB legal. Require you to weld new flange onto the front of the Cat converters

ASMs are not CA legal.

AFAIK, Doug's mid lengths were only for the 99-01 models. 02+ CARB legal headers are shorties. In fact, they don't even list a p/n for our trucks...

Bassani seems to be the best bet. Erik (turboberserker) has a set on his truck, and as I recall, is happy with them.

I wouldn't mess with Mid's or shorties... Just break down and get a good Longtube. There are several good choices.. JMHO :driving:

that would be nice but he is tryin to stay legal.

I wouldn't mess with Mid's or shorties... Just break down and get a good Longtube. There are several good choices.. JMHO :driving:

The Dynatech Supermaxx headers with cats would be legal. That's what alot of people on here have done. Pricey though. $1200-1500.

The Dynatech Supermaxx headers with cats would be legal. That's what alot of people on here have done. Pricey though. $1200-1500.

They are not CA street legal though, as they have not received a CARB Exemption Order number.