Anybody ever broken a flexplate?

im putting my yank converter in this week, and my buddy i work with keeps telling me i have to buy a new flexplate to replace my stocker. he keeps saying that they break left and right, and im incredibilly lucky mine hasnt. but i cant remember reading once on here about somebody who broke one...... i dropped like 3k on this money pit just in the past week, so avoiding another 200 bucks would be swell :banghead: thanks for your input

I would not bother - lots of these guys are pushing 600+ hp through them without issue; hell I shattered the input drum on my tranny and the flexplate is still fine. In my experience if you have flexplate failure it's because the converter is not bolted up well to the flexplate and it, well, flexes! I have seen cases where the converter bolts were a thread too long, bottoming out in the converter holes and consequence being that the converter was not mounted securely to the flexplate even though the bolts were tight (bottomed-out). One critical area I would suggest with non-stock converter is make sure you have the correct length bolts, my TCS-2800 needed shorter bolts.

Mr. P.