100k mile tune up

FwyFlyr

quote]

What was done for the front diff noise if anything? :dunno: Congrats on the 100 K miles! :chevy:

They looked at it a few times in the beginning, but the end of the day it was considered normal. I guess I just got used to it. I have had no driveline issues so, I guess it's no problem.

Engine/Trans/front and rear diff Rebuild....then your golden. Your going to get about another 20K and your going to be leaking, prolly out a trans and either yoru front or rear diff will go. I would just rebuild it all now...or buy a new truck.

Engine/Trans/front and rear diff Rebuild....then your golden. Your going to get about another 20K and your going to be leaking, prolly out a trans and either yoru front or rear diff will go. I would just rebuild it all now...or buy a new truck.

Wow,....Great attitude. :shakehead:

:withstupid:

Sheesh....Might as well just push it off a cliff ??!! :wtf:

:yellow_loser: Ooh! I get it, you 2 must be Ford owners!

That's a four letter word in my house. You'll get your mouth washed out with soap.

:withstupid::yellow_loser: That name is taboo in my family......you say it and you are likely to get beaten severely or mamed in some way. :smash:

Look at the post titled "Pics of the Rides: Last one to current one" in the Off-Topic section and see what I have driven in the past and what I drive now.....................I would NEVER drive a blue oval piece of sh*t!!!! :banghead:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

:banghead: Geez.....I started this thread to find out what was the good stuff, you know plugs, coil paks etc.

How 'bout it...anything constructive or useful to contribute ? :dunno:

OK.....

check all cv joints and u joints

u joints i would just change out and replace with good quality joint.

good luck....

:seeya:

Blah blah blah, they covered the basics, but if you want to do it right, here's what you're going to need to do... You're going to need to replace the crankshaft (something in a 4" stroke should work), rods, and pistons, and overbore the block .030. Get new/bigger injectors... and a new intake while you're at it. Oh, those exhaust manifolds must be shot by now too, so I suggest Pacesetter headers, which of course requires a new exhaust because they can't touch the stock exhaust or the whole thing will blow up.

Even with a rebuilt engine, it's common for it to not like to breath on it's own (and being over 100, who can blame it, right?). That's why I would also add on some sort of artificial respiration to help it breathe at it's old age.

:devil:

Blah blah blah, they covered the basics, but if you want to do it right, here's what you're going to need to do... You're going to need to replace the crankshaft (something in a 4" stroke should work), rods, and pistons, and overbore the block .030. Get new/bigger injectors... and a new intake while you're at it. Oh, those exhaust manifolds must be shot by now too, so I suggest Pacesetter headers, which of course requires a new exhaust because they can't touch the stock exhaust or the whole thing will blow up.

Even with a rebuilt engine, it's common for it to not like to breath on it's own (and being over 100, who can blame it, right?). That's why I would also add on some sort of artificial respiration to help it breathe at it's old age.

:devil:

LOL.........I think I'll just push it off a cliff.