direct/easy install muffler

67speeda

Try Flo-Pro: Flo-Pro website

HD series is a direct replacement for factory muffler. They have a couple choices:

2503/ 2504 will work, require tailpipe work. 2505/2506 direct replacement, different sound levels

The 2505/2506 is dual in and dual out. Is that how the SS is? I thought they were dual in, single out.

Yeah, for some reason I could have sworn you had a 4.8 kyle. But I couldn't remember for sure so I assumed 5.3 since that's much more common.

ya i lernt that now that the 5.3 is more common. when i was looking at trucks all i saw was v6 and v8 not the liter size. well at least is not a v6...plus there will be mods to try to make it better. but since im on the hunt for a donor car maybe a swap will be in place?? plus i didnt notice a difffrence between a 5.3 and 4.8. i raced my buddies 5.3 i just kept up with him. but o well guess ill just need a s.c lol

HD series is a direct replacement for factory muffler. They have a couple choices:

2503/ 2504 will work, require tailpipe work. 2505/2506 direct replacement, different sound levels

The 2505/2506 is dual in and dual out. Is that how the SS is? I thought they were dual in, single out.

The tailpipe is dual out at the muffler then y-pipe down to a single outlet.

The tailpipe is dual out at the muffler then y-pipe down to a single outlet.

I had no idea. I gues that would make it easier to have a dual tip.

I used a Magnaflow 12568 to go in place of my stock muffler, retaining all the stock pipes. I went with Magnaflow because it's supposed to be quiter than Flowmaster, but it turned out to still be pretty loud but with a smoother mellow tone. Yes there is some drone, but I've heard worse. At cruise it definetly has a nice impact/presence, then it "Sounds like a race car when the boost comes up" as one friend said (in a good way), and "Scary at startup" as another commented. Longtubes didn't help things get any quiter, but cruising on the freeway at 80 it sounds near stock.

If I were to do it over again, I might eliminate the Y pipe and go with a dual/in single out Mag #12587 or #12588. The 2 3" pipes coming out is what made it so loud (according to M-F) and might have caused the loss low end power I noticed when the engine was stock because it breathes TOO well. Plus having the internal X pipe in the muffler followed by the Y pipe after the muffler seems kind of reduntant.