Gaylords Speedstur Cover

I'm looking into ideas for my tax return and bed cover sounds nice and I've been looking around at some Tonnoue Covers and not a whole lot are appealing to me but a couple that I have found do. Like the Urban Industries Fastback II which I can't find anywhere now? and the Speedstur cover but they offer it in both the X2000 and the Traditional, whats the difference between these 2 covers and do they offer them without the extended part on the end to compensate for the tailgate lip which I would be able to remove right? I just don't want to have a cover looking like this on the end on the cover. Please send some info my way, and by the way I did use the search button.

speedsturr_1.jpg

11056S_withtailgatlip.jpg

whats up the difference between the x2000 is that its a bolt on and is alot smother to open.the standar one you got to drill holes and who whats to do that to ther baby.if you whant it with the wing its the speedsturr x2000.you dont have to remove the lip on tail gate but if you what i nicer fit than you could.i just order mine and cant wait :ughdance::ughdance::ughdance:

be sure you check paint finish.when you receive great looking covers but the finish is not that great.

:withstupid: yup, I was not impressed with the paint from the gaylord. Swirl marks up the ya-yo. The whole damn thing needs to be re-finished. When I recieved it it was overcast (best color for black!) However it is a quality cover.

i went to my local truck acc. store and was looking into hard covers. and he had alot of "are" and i said what about gaylord, once the words came out he sook his head and said, "i woudnt even sell it to you, there not good at all" and i've red alot hear saying that they are. i know the guy could get them, because we use the same dealer and i could get them (just wanted to look like i was going to buy somethign because i asked for a job there.lol) but y would he not sell me something worth more money, is there somethign bad about them, he said they bow in heat???

Mine bows in the heat but the complaints are pretty much limited to florida. The sun down here is killer, much worse then even in 100 degree weather in Cali and Arizona. I have not read anything of that happening outside of florida.

I think it was a few $ more for the clamp on system,A few $ more for carpet on the under side.And the finish is not the best.I got the one with out carpet or the clamp system.

Let me start by saying I'm a Gaylords dealer, I also sell several other brands.

The Gaylords lid's big advantage is the fit and quality of the lid. The paint has been an issue in the past; it is basicly a factory style paint job which leaves a lot to be desired. You can make the lid look almost perfect with a good professioal type polish and wax...yes you can do it yourself too. The bowing issue was restricted to Florida and Alabama coast as far as I know and the issue has beeen addressed by Gaylords. I haven't heard of it happening in the last year.

The speedstur lid makes it possible to install the lid without removing our tailgate cap/spoiler.

There are several versions of the Gaylords lid.

The Traditional which can be bolted on (yuck) or installed with a clamp on frame system.

The new TL series.

And the X-2000 which comes with carpet, remote unlocking etc. it comes with everthing. the only option is the speedstur wing.

All lid types are available with the Speedstur wing, carpet, remote etc as options. From the outside all these lids look identical.

Go to www.gaylordslids.com to check them all out.

Bob

Is there any fiberglass covers that are near flush mount or look good on our truck that are paintable. I want something paintable but I'm also thinking of just getting a vinyl cover and saying F**k IT the only thing I would have under my cover would be my spare eventually.

Edited by NashSS (see edit history)

Is there any fiberglass covers that are near flush mount or look good on our truck that are paintable. I want something paintable but I'm also thinking of just getting a vinyl cover and saying F**k IT the only thing I would have under my cover would be my spare eventually.

I got my Fastback II about 8 months ago... I found it at www.truckaddons.com. I didn't go through the whole check out process just now... but it does look like they still have it. I think it's the same price I got it for too. If you have a business you can ship it to it'll save you TONS in shipping. They also have the bedrug the cheapest I've seen online for anyone looking.

the gaylord finish on mine was not swirls it was lack of paint on the bottom edges.the fit is perfect. also come with lifetime warranty can take back and have repainted anytime i want.