AS-M headers installed, but know have

supraman

Supraman, that's bad news :uhoh:

I had that problem with my Jeep the bolt that kept my steering linkage together rubbed against the header. Solution: Found an exhaust installer with enough balls to heat up my header and dimpled it so the linkage no longer rubbed. :cheers: It looked a little strange at first :wtf: , but once the headers changed colors the dimple blended right in :thumbs:

Good luck

Seven :chevy:

Does to me. You should be able to do yourself in about three hours, minus the welding. I plan on taking my stock off and cutting my pipes where they need to be cut, then putting the headers on myself. After that I will get the guy down the street to weld on the flanges, or get the shop I've already talked to to do.

Sounds like they took advantage of you if you ask me.

Yes, I quoted myself.

Just wanted to point out that my time estimation was a little off. I got my headers on in 5+ hours. I lot more "finesse" in getting L/T headers into a fairly tight spot is required.

Got my welding done this morning. They sound great. Muffler is next.

• 1 month later...

3749.99$ for AM-S headers :shakehead: .What a waste of money! If you weld them your stuck with them.Does welding them void their warranty? I know if I paid what u did and my wiers melted I would send them back

Do you mean $749for ASM headers? The welding that gets done is not on the headers themselves. You cut your stock pipe 1/4" in front of you cats. Then you weld on the flange that allows you to bolt them up to your stock pipe.

Archived