new pet coming

04CHASE

well ive been into chameleons for a while but havent had one in a few years. i just placed my order for a baby male amilobe panther chameleon. h eshould be here late april. the place that raises them has a great rep and have some bad ass looking panther's. here is what he will look like when he gets close to a year old

Isairy-mifidy%20-%2010.JPG

Isairy-mifidy%20-%208.JPG

this is the father of him so he should look very similar.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A local pet shop here has a panther chameleon very similar to that one. Beautiful animal. I think it was $900 or something like that I'll see if I can snatch some pics for you next time I am up that way.

I have never had any experience with chameleons, are they fun can you like carry them around or they just sit there? No doubting they are cool as hell but just wanted to hear your thought on it

you can hold them from time to time but they are very easily stressed and that isnt good. chameleons are a little harder to take care of than a normal pet. you cant bother them to much or have them in high traffic areas. they have to be kept in a pretty humid environment with lots of places they think they can camoflauge themselves. ive been doing alot of readin gon them so i wont have anythign unexpected happen.

he didnt cost about 1/3 of that. ill post pics as soon as he arrives.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

you can hold them from time to time but they are very easily stressed and that isnt good. chameleons are a little harder to take care of than a normal pet. you cant bother them to much or have them in high traffic areas. they have to be kept in a pretty humid environment with lots of places they think they can camoflauge themselves. ive been doing alot of readin gon them so i wont have anythign unexpected happen.

he didnt cost about 1/3 of that. ill post pics as soon as he arrives.

Pretty cool, I am more into snakes/coral/ dogs Chameleons are cool none the less though I would love to keep one outside in one of the open air cages (humidity aint a problem here ;) ) Just need to get a few things out of the way in a few years so I can actually take care of them.

What I really want is a monkey though!

Can you even purchase a monkey or do you need a special certificate to be able to own one?

yeah you can, well depends on your state laws. Its more of "one of those things you want" Then realistically, Monkeys are pretty intelligent and intelligent animals are a PAIN IN THE ASS constant attention play tricks on you. And I have heard pretty nasty stories as to what monkeys can and usually do...

BUT it still would be cool as hell to have a monkey!

That thing looks freaky as hell.

If I had a monkey, he'd wear a Genuine Chevrolet Parts hat and smoke cigarettes on the back porch. That would be so cool. I'd either name him small block, Kong, or Bill. :lol:

What are you going to name it?

lots of places they think they can camoflauge themselves.

just dont put them on a plaid surface, they get confused trying to match the pattern and can explode :crackup:

i have a green iguana. she is about 3 ft long and 2 yrs old.