KIM - did you loose a cat?!

misterp

Well last night was interesting, a two week mystery has been solved. It started the week before the last GTG at Texas Motorplex I was spending a late night detailing the truck when I spied a cat jumping into the Firebird (the garage door was open) and I blasted the compressed air hose into the car to scare the stray feline away; I checked and believed that I had run off the cat but the next morning I saw that half a loaf of bread had been eaten on my kitchen counter! So I guessed that somehow the cat managed to slip into the house from the garage but could not determine how. For the next few days I left a back door open while at work, and by Valentine's day I was sure that I had eliminated the intruder.

Then yesterday morning again I saw that my bread had been nibbled-on in the middle of the night, so I tossed the bread thinking what f'n luck now I've got a mouse in the house to deal with! After work Pimp SS and son helped me install my rebuilt trans until about 10pm then we decided to call it a night; they went home and I crashed in front of the TV. 20-mins later I caught a glimpse of a shadow of a cat (!) and chased it back to the rear bedroom. She was half-wild but desperately starved and some rib eye brought her into the open. So apparently this cat has been in my house for almost three weeks.

Today I put the cat out and continued wrenching on the truck, and she never let me out of her sight even following me to my neighbor's house and back. She's still half-wild, tries to bite if you reach over to pet her. Why do I always attract the crazy ones?

straycat.jpg

Mr. P.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like you gotta friend now P. :D
Not really, she was laying in my lap and I went to pet her, and she bit me & drew blood - she's apparently wild enough to take care of herself outside so that's where she is now.

Sounds like you gotta friend now P. :D
Not really, she was laying in my lap and I went to pet her, and she bit me & drew blood - she's apparently wild enough to take care of herself outside so that's where she is now.

Sounds like you and your ex wife :crackup:

J/K J/K

Edited by SchmidDaddY (see edit history)

Here's the real question...If that cat was in your house for three weeks then where did it poop? That will be one fun treasure hunt. I think I would have given said cat one free flying lesson.

Dave

I figured it out; the house has settled a bit and the door between the kitchen and the garage is a tad off-square, it will open if you push on it hard enough. So the cat wasn't in the house for 3 weeks, just coming inside whenever I was working with the garage door open.

My daughter told me on the phone most seriously "Daaaad, you need a kitty friend..."

Mr. P.