Tranny Aftermath

looks like you have a bed in your garage LOL, how is the new tranning shiffting?i want to do some more upgrades to my tranny i would like to get a tourque converter and a match cam any thoughts on what kind? i already have installed the transgo shift kit HD-C my self and it shifts a little hard at part throttle.

I'm happier overall, but the 1-2 shift we softened a bit too much IMO so that will need more tuning. Another change I made is that I am using the PATC Raptor Blood ATF and the stuff is different, my converter acts much looser than it used to. I know now that I definitely had clutch slippage, today the truck will rip all four tires loose at part throttle in 1st gear :driving: but the 1-2 shift will need more work.

Your 1-2 shift being too harsh: how many washers did you put in your 2nd accumulator? and did you drill the 1-2 passage in your separator plate?

Mr. P. :)

I meant to ask, Mr. P ... did you clear out all of your Trans. Adapts. after getting the rebuilt tranny back in? I noticed that you said that 1st breaks all 4 tires loose, and that the 1-2 shift still needed more work ...

If the PCM still has all of the adaptive pressures stored in memory from before the rebuild, then it is still shifting using those adaptives ... your 1-2 problem might disappear if you reset the adaptives ... just a thought.