Front end growl in 4h

vmax2fast

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome!! :cheers: How many miles? Mine didn't do it at first, Bought mine in Jan. and didn't use four wheel drive much first winter. Just started noticing it at the begining of this winter. already around 20k on it then, 37k now :banghead:

And now that your here... Start taking pictures so when you can finally start a thread You'll be way ahead of the game!! Oh yeah, There is a member map too... where ya at Wody?

• 9 months later...

My 2003 Z71 (5.3) with 65k+ was really loud in 4HI, and a little quieter in 4Auto. Techs all said it was normal or that I was using it too much (i.e. on dry roads or situations where I should have been in 2WD, which was not the case) I could never convince myself that it was normal, made me shudder when I switched to 4WD, thought I was grinding away the transfer case. Transfer case/differential/transmission flush made no difference.

Traded that for a 2007 new style VMax, 4HI is as quiet and smooth as one could ask for. I find myself checking the dial every time I start it up because I'd never know if I was in 4HI.