ss?

03-04 only came one way, loaded. 05-06 they could be had with cloth seats, no console, ect. Btw, it's a real one.

I know now really befor anyone started posting on this topic from puting the vin in to the dealer track program we have at are car lot but I didnt know you could get a base model SS WTF. Thats all part of having an SS. Now that i found that truck i have now found more truck with base model equiptment in it the only diff I had ever seen was ac/controls and door panels having the cloth or leather insert on it thats about it other than the 2wd and awd option

Wierd, I have a 2005 and the dash controls (for heat, etc.), are different. Maybe I'm out of the loop but I didn't know there was such a thing as a base SS. It's either base 1500 Silverado or an SS. I never heard of different models of SS.

Its a real SS. In 05 Chevy wanted to try and sell more of them so they made them with the basic options like cloth, manual A/C and what have you. They priced it much lower than the 41K for the top line SS with leather and all the bells and whisles. I would not have minded getting mine like that aswell, but very happy with the one that I have. So yes its a real SS and if you went to Truck Trend they did an article.

www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/pickup/163_0508_2005_chevrolet_silversado_ss

:cheers:

:chevy::flag::chevy: