Passenger Door Ajar on DIC

Jeff B

Well, I have had my truck for less than a week and now this happens.

Driving down the road and Passenger Door Ajar is displayed on the DIC and the interior lights turn on. I opened and shut the door and it went off. A few miles later it did it again.

Anyone have this happen?

Can you replace the door ajar switch without pulling the rear handles? Is it fairly easy to pull the rear handles?

Thanks

Driving down the road and Passenger Door Ajar is displayed on the DIC and the interior lights turn on. I opened and shut the door and it went off. A few miles later it did it again.

Anyone have this happen?

Can you replace the door ajar switch without pulling the rear handles? Is it fairly easy to pull the rear handles?

Thanks

It sounds like you have a bad pin switch in the front passenger door. :chevy:

My driver side does this sometimes too, it says my door is open although its closed... and I have to open and shut and it goes away until I turn off my truck and start it again it does this everytime... lol lame but ive had mine for 3 years... 28k on the clock... barely started doing it 2 months ago..

Anyone have this happen?

Thanks

It sounds like you have a bad pin switch in the front passenger door. :chevy:

I thought the door ajar switch was in the rear handle, but those don't appear to do anything.

Is the switch part of the latch somehow?