A Fish Story

This Sturgeon was caught on the Willamette River just below Oregon City two weeks ago.

It was measured at 11'1" and weighed in at over 1,000 lbs. It was 56" around the girth and

took over 6 and a half hours and 4 dozen beers for the 4 guys taking turns reeling it in.

post-4532-1173398030_thumb.jpg

Now, that's how you fish

:thumbs::cheers:

i've always wanted to catch one of those prehistoric monsters. that right there is definetly a prized catch, but it is not the world record. they get bigger believe it or not. that fish there is probebly a thousand year old sturgeon, maybe more. amazing isn't it.

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

i've always wanted to catch one of those prehistoric monsters. that right there is definetly a prized catch, but it is not the world record. they get bigger believe it or not. that fish there is probebly a thousand year old sturgeon, maybe more. amazing isn't it.

thats a big fish but 1000 is crazy. the recorded longets lived sturgeon is 152.

thats a big fish but 1000 is crazy. the recorded longets lived sturgeon is 152.

i thought i saw on TV that they live thousands of years. i am 95% positive they are prehistoric fish that lived back with dinosaurs.

ok, they have documented these fish living over 200 years, i thought it was a thousand. but they are oldest type of fish in existance. here's an aticle on em if your interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturgeon

the fish from the dinosaur era is call a celocanthis (sic) ... one was caught in the atlantic a few yrs ago.... only one known to exist.

i caught several steurgen in the san jaoquin delta a few yrs ago.. have to be 40" to keep.

all i could get was 39"