So the Pope takes a couple of days off to...

misterp

The Pope takes a couple of days off to sightsee Alaska; while cruising the campground in the pope-mobile he sees a frantic commotion at the edge of the woods - a helpless camper wearing sandals, shorts, a "Save the Whales" hat, and "To Hell with Bush" T-shirt screaming while thrashing and struggling frantically to free himself from the grasp of a 10-foot grizzly.

As the Pope watches in horror a group of loggers come racing up; one quickly firing a 44-magnum into the bear's chest, the two others pulling the bleeding, half-conscious man from the bear's grasp and tenderly placing him in the back seat of their truck. Then using long clubs, the three loggers finish off the bear and throw it into the bed.

As they prepare to leave the Pope summons them to come over: "I give you my blessing for your brave actions!" he tells them. "I have been told there exists a bitter hatred between Republican loggers and Democratic environmental activists, but now I've seen with my own eyes that this is not true."

As the Pope drives off one logger turns to his buddies, "Who the hell was that guy?"

"It was the Pope," another replies. "He's in direct contact with Heaven and has access to all wisdom."

"Well," the logger says, "he may have access to wisdom and all but he sure don't know anything 'bout hunting Grizzlies! So is the bait holding up, or do we need to go back to Massachusetts and get another one?"

Mr. P. :)