Thanksgiving Cooking Question

GEAR M UP

Deep fry or Bake  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Deep fry or Bake

• Deep fry
    • Bake

We fried 8 turkeys yesterday at work...4 butter creole and 4 jalapeno butter flavors with creole seasoning rubbed all over them before frying...both tasted great and the troops polished them both

I've been frying turkeys for the past few years and really have gotten away from the traditional baked ones although they are good too if done right.

Happy holidays to you all.

Z :flag:

Have yet to try fried. I, too, am getting tired of the standard fare and last year smoked the turkey at about 170 with hickory for around 12 hours. Great, if you like the SMOKE taste. I love the smoke but mostly smoked brisket or pork ribs. Sorry, started getting hungry. Have a great holiday and BE Thankfull. :flag:

For the bake guys/gals...or those watching their waistline..lol :

PUT YOUR TURKEY IN A BROWN PAPER BAG!!!! then put it in the oven to bake.

Seriously!

Directions:

1. Prepare turkey

2. Rub entire outside with light olive oil

3. Place in Brown paper bag (Like from the grocery store) possibly 2 if you have to buy the biggest turkey in the store like me..lol

4. Rub oil over entire outside of the bag. Close bag by folding or better yet with staples. Put it in a "turkey" pan.

5. Put in oven to bake.

The bag and the oil SEALS in the juices (much like deep frying), and you will NOT finder a juicier turkey if done correctly~ UMMMMMMMMMMM

Archived