A snapshot from my front door with my new camera

Big O

Dood!

I love your pics, but the nipple ring shot is killer too!

Tell me about your camera kit. I just recently got a Canon 30D but can't afford the high dollar "L" lenses I need!

Got any suggestions?

Thanks,

Keep sharing the killer pics!

David

thanks for the compliments! :cheers;

I'm not too fancy with my equipment yet ... using a Canon 350d through a Canon EF 70-210mm zoom on those pictures ... I have been shooting on and off for years ... just when I get a grasp of the technical aspect my life changes and I drop it for awhile ... now I am back trying to pick it up again. I have only had the 350d for about 2 weeks ...

i really want some L glass also ... but that is a dream for me ...

Tripods are a must for night time photos if you haven't learned that yet ... actually ... anytime you can use the tripod go for it ... it makes for a very crisp picture ... which makes everyone go wow ... sharpness is the key to good photography ...

I am looking into some online forums in the digital photo world ... hopefully I will find one with the same level of expertise and social atmosphere as we have here.

One of the biggest tips I can give you is preperation ... if you find a shot you like ( setting or car or whatnaught ) walk around and see if you can get a better view ( background images ) ... check the lights ... does the sun hit better from a different angle ... there is a lot that goes into a photo before you ever bring the camera up to your eye ... you will know when you have the right angle and lighting ...

Good luck ... I know I haven't really told you anything ground breaking ... but that is about it ... just get out and shoot is the easiest way for me to learn ...

post-4784-1174248196_thumb.jpg

post-4784-1174248223_thumb.jpg

I've got a buddy living in Lander, Wyoming and he has sent me some killer stream and river shots not to mention the mountains! I got my Canon 30D for Christmas and haven't really broken it in yet. I work as a Pressman for a small circulation Daily Newspaper (The Anadarko Daily News, family owned... wifes family that is) and use it for work a bit but really am just waiting for spring foliage to sprout to get after it.

The Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge is just 35 minutes southwest of me so I'll be running down there a bunch this spring with the camera.

I'm seriously thinking about dumping some cash on a 70-200 f/2.8L IS when tax refunds start burning a whole in my checkbook! Just need to convince myself I won't get divorced in the process! lol..

Happy Shooting! I'll try to remember to share some pics this year!

Cheers!

Nice glass ... you will get some really decent reach out of it ...

Sounds like I should be getting advice from you .... :thumbs: on the cool job

I would love to see some of your shots ... I am waiting on a wide zoom to get here for some casual wedding practice ( cousin is getting married ... so I figured it would be a good time to get some practice in )

I love shooting ... I wish I could do it full time ... or at least make some money off it so I can start loading up on the L series lenses ... some of these guys bags are worth more than my vehicle ... I shot some basketball when I was in college ... went to Vegas for the tourny and was blown away by the "professionals" and their equipment ...