Those With Lids, mostly the Gaylord X2000

Ive had my lid for a while now and have noticed that the lid rubs against the bed and tailgate on the outside. Its starting to look bad now and Im not sure what to do to keep it from rubbing against the paint. :banghead: Do any of you guys have the same problem??? I was told to try a strip of that 3M paint protector but Im not sure thats the best way to go.....Any Suggestions......Thanks.....

Ive had my lid for a while now and have noticed that the lid rubs against the bed and tailgate on the outside. Its starting to look bad now and Im not sure what to do to keep it from rubbing against the paint. :banghead: Do any of you guys have the same problem??? I was told to try a strip of that 3M paint protector but Im not sure thats the best way to go.....Any Suggestions......Thanks.....

I have the GM soft cover and there is a rubber seal that rubs on the top of my tailgate. I just layed on a strip of 3M transparent film across the top as you said. - can't even tell it's there and does a nice job of protecting the finish. :thumbs:

I have the GM soft cover and there is a rubber seal that rubs on the top of my tailgate. I just layed on a strip of 3M transparent film across the top as you said. - can't even tell it's there and does a nice job of protecting the finish. :thumbs:

Was the 3M paint protector difficult to lay down. It seemed like you apply it like you would window tint??? True??

Was the 3M paint protector difficult to lay down. It seemed like you apply it like you would window tint??? True??

Here is what I used:Link It is actually for protecting bicycle frames from scratches but the dimensions are perfect for the top of the tailgate. There is enough for several re-dos if you screw it up, but it is not hard to apply at all. Just be sure to keep it plenty moist and squeegie out all the air bubbles by working your way toward the edges. With a little effort it won't even be noticable. :thumbs:

Here is what I used:Link It is actually for protecting bicycle frames from scratches but the dimensions are perfect for the top of the tailgate. There is enough for several re-dos if you screw it up, but it is not hard to apply at all. Just be sure to keep it plenty moist and squeegie out all the air bubbles by working your way toward the edges. With a little effort it won't even be noticable. :thumbs:

This is the 3M stuff right??? You used it for the tailgate....should I get two for the tailgate and the sides of the bed??? Just wanna know how much comes in that roll. Thanks

The easy fix is to adjust the truck lid. Loosen the clamps and slide the lid back 1/8 inch or so. Be careful not to move it back evenly on both sides and get some help to be on the safe side.

The 3M tape works for a while but it wil wear through. You can get an over the rail Line-X bed liner and that will take care of it for good.

This is the 3M stuff right??? You used it for the tailgate....should I get two for the tailgate and the sides of the bed??? Just wanna know how much comes in that roll. Thanks

I believe there is 36 inches per roll ( 2 rolls per kit). I have not used it on the sides of the bed but I dont see why not. You may just want to get a bulk roll of the 3M tape if you are doing the whole bed, otherwise you would have several seams.

Edited by NebraSSka truck (see edit history)