ebay header gaksets need your oppinion?.

the first ones are some type of carbon?...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XX-HEADERS-...sspagenameZWDVW

the second ones are a re-usable aluminium? but twice the price?...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HEADERS-GAS...sspagenameZWD1V

let me know if either one is any good?, and if it's worth the extra cost for the aluminium ones?.

i'm putting my pacesetters on soon but don't want to use the supplied gasket... any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

do they sell the locking header bolts on ebay as well?... also they say the aluminium one's are reusable, if thats the case they would be best for my set-up. i will be making my headers removable so i can re-install the manifolds and cats when it come time for any warranty issue's.

do they sell the locking header bolts on ebay as well?... also they say the aluminium one's are reusable, if thats the case they would be best for my set-up. i will be making my headers removable so i can re-install the manifolds and cats when it come time for any warranty issue's.

They did when I got mine but it was last summer,they look reusable to me,I was pretty impressed :thumbs:

your joking right? reinstall manifolds for any warranty issues? find a real dealer then!!!!

your joking right? reinstall manifolds for any warranty issues? find a real dealer then!!!!

uhmm.. i never tried the local dealers for anything yet, so i don't know how they would react?.

personaly it's just added insurance for me, it would only take me a couple hours to switch it around once i get it welded up with the flanges the way i want.

it's not worth the risk of giving them an exscuse, for an extra $100-125 difference in initial instalation cost, and a couple hours work if it was ever necessary.

most dealers aren't very "fair" so no i'm not joking. if you disagree i'm sorry, but thats what i'm doing.

just stick with the stock gm header gaskets. they are good and they arent expensive. i think they retail for like 20 bucks.

The factory exhaust manifold gaskets seem to be the best bet from what I've heard and experienced.

are they reusable? if so then i'll get those.. if not i guess i'll get those aluminium ones?.

thanks guys.

Some Info on the Law:

The Law

Federal law sets forth requirements for warranties and contains a number of provisions to prevent vehicle manufacturers, dealers and others from unjustly denying warranty coverage. With regard to aftermarket parts, the spirit of the law is that warranty coverage cannot be denied simply because such parts are present on the vehicle, or have been used (see Attachment A). The warranty coverage can be denied only if the aftermarket part caused the malfunction or damage for which warranty coverage is sought. Disputes in this area usually boil down to arguments over facts and technical opinions, rather than arguments over interpretations of the law.

Check Vehicle History

Sometimes a malfunction in a new vehicle may be identified as a "pattern failure," a failure that is recognized as common to your make and model of vehicle. It may be a manufacturing defect which has become the subject of a government-mandated recall. You should check with another dealer, the vehicle manufacturer or an independent service provider—such as those listed below—to see if there are any Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs), ìfield fixes or other service-related information for your vehicle which would indicate that the problem you are experiencing is a common one. In cases of government-mandated recalls, the dealer is obliged to notify you as a vehicle owner. However, you may check for yourself by calling the vehicle manufacturer's 800 number, the EPA (for emissions systems issues) or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), for safety-related issues.

EPA: 202/233-9040

NHTSA: 800/424-9393

Chiltons: 610/964-4600

AllData: 916/684-5200

Motor Publications: 800/426-6897

American Automobile Manufacturers Association: 313/872-4311

Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Association: 202/296-8537

Determine the True Cause of the Problem

If possible, attempt to independently verify the accuracy of the claims made by the dealership. The manufacturer of the aftermarket part may be helpful to you in providing a technical assessment of the problem. If there is a reasonable possibility that the aftermarket product caused the problem, it may be best to try to reach a compromise. If, however, it is clear that the aftermarket product is unrelated to the problem, you should attempt to gather as much information as possible to support your claim. Useful evidence might include photos, copies of relevant service information, records of prior repairs performed under warranty, or the objective written opinion of a qualified third party (with relevant experience, accreditation, etc.).

In regards to my above post, my brother worked at a dealership that got in some hot water over denying warranty claims because of after market parts. One guy put on bigger rims and they denied him for a bad coil pack, WTF does one have to do with the other?

are they reusable? if so then i'll get those.. if not i guess i'll get those aluminium ones?.

thanks guys.

A bunch of the guys at performancetrucks.net have used and reused theirs with no problems...they look like the aluminum ones pictured in your second link.

In regards to my above post, my brother worked at a dealership that got in some hot water over denying warranty claims because of after market parts. One guy put on bigger rims and they denied him for a bad coil pack, WTF does one have to do with the other?

i was aware of that law, and that is a clear case of how far they'll go to deny your claim that you mentioned.. but what if my trans slips, and they say it was due to the added HP?.. or what if my valves or lifters go bad or any other thing and they try to say it's because the engine was operating outside it's original parameters?... i just don't want to hear that crap.

plus the long tubes are not smog legal and i'm removing the cats, and cali is realy strict about cats!.. so once i make it a bolt on/off system i won't have to worry about it.

plus it would make it easy in case i get a "fix it ticket" so cops won't be a big issue either.

just cheap insurance to save my self the headache.

thanks anyway :thumbs:

thanks guys.

A bunch of the guys at performancetrucks.net have used and reused theirs with no problems...they look like the aluminum ones pictured in your second link.

looks like i'm going to use the steel ones.

one last question, is it ok to re-use the original manifold bolts, or should i get some of those locking ones?..