Corsa sport installed!

vmax2fast

Went snowboarding yesterday, came home and my exhaust had been delivered :thumbs: I got the kids in bed, did the one chore the wife wanted... and decide eight o' clock was not to late to throw her in..... by myself it took 2 hours, trying to be as quiet as I could so i didn't piss off the neighbors. worse part was firing up the sawzall to cut old tailpipe...

The clearances were awful close, muffler to driveshaft, and the intermediate pipe was resting on a crossmember??? first hanger was lined up exactly with the stock one... w/ a little adjusting and moving around I got everything to where I was comfortable sinchin it up. Then time for a drive....

I'm in love.. again! almost no drone, but when you open it up :D music to the ears... prob. not the neighbors though, oh well.

Any vmax's have similar issues? it almost seems that the intermediate pipe was bent wrong or wrong part?

:thumbs: I had the exact same install issues; yeah they cut it pretty close on that intermediate pipe but like your situation with some positioning I got 3/8" clearance and after 40k-miles it hasn't moved from that spot. I also adjsuted the tips so they were a lot closer to the body, like 3/8", and looks perfect IMO and no rubbing. And I agree with you on the sound, the Corsas are worth every penny when you wrap that tach up above 4K-rpm :driving:

Mr. P. :)

Went snowboarding yesterday, came home and my exhaust had been delivered :thumbs: I got the kids in bed, did the one chore the wife wanted... and decide eight o' clock was not to late to throw her in..... by myself it took 2 hours, trying to be as quiet as I could so i didn't piss off the neighbors. worse part was firing up the sawzall to cut old tailpipe...

The clearances were awful close, muffler to driveshaft, and the intermediate pipe was resting on a crossmember??? first hanger was lined up exactly with the stock one... w/ a little adjusting and moving around I got everything to where I was comfortable sinchin it up. Then time for a drive....

I'm in love.. again! almost no drone, but when you open it up :D music to the ears... prob. not the neighbors though, oh well.

Any vmax's have similar issues? it almost seems that the intermediate pipe was bent wrong or wrong part?

I had the same issues. When I took it in for some warranty work, the dealership aligned it properly free of charge - can't beat that. I love sound... :D

Sweet :driving: !!! I'll be tinting the front windows and getting a cat back system soon!!! I've been pretty unlucky getting tickets lately but I've been blessed getting all 3 dissmissed. Today was my last one :ughdance: . So all that money is coming back my way as soon as the court sends the check! :thumbs: . Could you post some pics and maybe a sound clip?

Sweet :driving: !!! I'll be tinting the front windows and getting a cat back system soon!!! I've been pretty unlucky getting tickets lately but I've been blessed getting all 3 dissmissed. Today was my last one :ughdance: . So all that money is coming back my way as soon as the court sends the check! :thumbs: . Could you post some pics and maybe a sound clip?

I'm workin on it... maybe a day or two... :cheers:

Already saw those.... probably helped in my decision :thumbs: thanks for the compliments too... Right back at ya... like those rims, I'd love to get some 22" ss replicas, but the deal w/ the wife for the corsa was no mods for a year :banghead: ........at least nothing too expensive ;) shift kit hopefully if Zippy would reply...... guess i'll have to make a phone call instead

I put the Corsa Sport on my CC VMax Denali last July and didn't have any clearance issues....it took longer to cut the tailpipe with the DeWalt Recip saw than to hang the new Corsa! :D It does sound nice and turns a lot of heads when it hits WOT....so fun!

• 1 month later...
Mr. P .. how did you get the tips closer to the body??? :confused:

I twisted the tip assembly so that the top of each tip is a finger-width from the underside of the panel, rather than positioning them level to the ground; I also pushed the tips inward, so they do not stick out as far as the factory tip:

sss_rr.jpg

Mr. P. :)