Your favorite book?

misterp

My daughter last night told me her favorite book is Charlotte's Web (except for the sad ending). And she asked me what my favorite book was and I really stumbled for an answer as it's been decades since I've read anything which wasn't job-related & technical. My answer to her was Power Secrets by Smokey Yunick (which is a good book if a little dated now) for discussion's sake but that really isn't the same... So I thought this would be a pretty good forum topic/question, what is your favorite book?

Mr. P. :)

ps - The Best of Penthouse Letters? :jester:

Last book I read cover to cover was "Under and Alone" by William Queen. It's a true story about an undercover ATF agent who infiltrated the Mongols biker club. Couldn't put the damn thing down until I finished it.

When I was a kid, my favorite was "The Jack Tales" by Richard Chase. It's a collection of Southern Appalachian folk tales. Highly recommended if you (or your children) have any connection to the hills.

I am interested in WWII aircraft and history. My favorite book, although VERY old, is "God is my Co-pilot" by Robert L. Scott. It has nothing to do with religion. It's about the man who commanded the 23rd Fighter Group in China, after they took over for the Flying Tigers. It was also made into a movie, which retains some of the actual facts. I have a signed copy of the book.

I read a lot...

I dunno if I have a "favorite" though...

Some recent books I have read was the historian, the kite runner, five people you meet in heaven, 1984 was a good book, the talons of the eagle, amercian sphinx, elephants cant dance, The aneid, the notes of marcus aurelius....ummm

I am a :yellow_loser:

I've loved to read ever since elementary school. When I was little any biography or anything with "The Mystery of" in the title had me hooked. Now I read mostly fiction. Stephen King being my favorite. The Stand is probably my favorite book by King. 1100-1200 pages and I read that whole thing in like 3 days. Impossible to put down.

Other honorable mentions are The Green Mile and the Darktower Series. Also most anything by Clive Barker. Not usually as good as King, but still good.

About the only books i read have to do with racing. mostly about Dale earnhardt!!! ive read quite a few on and about him and really cant pick a favorate they were all great telling about him,his family and racing carrier. :driving:

I'll read almost anything ... Just has t keep my interest ... As of right now, it is "Marley and Me" by John Grogan, it is about a guy an his wife, and how they go out and get a Yellow Lab as a pet. It is funny as hell, to read how this dog grows up, wildly out of control and all of the crazy stuff the dog does to along the way.

Last book I read cover to cover was "Under and Alone" by William Queen. It's a true story about an undercover ATF agent who infiltrated the Mongols biker club. Couldn't put the damn thing down until I finished it.

I read this too ... Not to bad of a story ... But being in the Business, some parts were too vague for me, so it led me to believe that he (Queen) did more $hit than he is writting about ....

UNDER and ALONE - William Queen - If you want to read this book. PM me, I'll send it out to you, First come, First serve

well i like to read about dale earnhardt also, read some good ones about him. also the larry mcreynolds bio. is preety good. but for fiction i would say catcher in the rye by jd salinger, fences, and i read all of the harry potter seires. yes i know...but they were good.