Your favorite book?

misterp

Lord of the Rings (yes, there was a book before the movie ;) ) Lost count of how many times I have read it.

Read that series when I was in junior high school. I've only seen the first 2 movies. The books were much better IMHO. Really didn't care for the movies. Maybe just the difference between an older mans point of view and that of a 12 year old boy but I usually like books better than the screen adaptations. Imagination is hard to beat.

I read this too ... Not to bad of a story ... But being in the Business, some parts were too vague for me, so it led me to believe that he (Queen) did more $hit than he is writting about ....

I'll have to agree with you on this one. Several times in the book I felt like he might have been being less than truthful. Overall Queen gives me the impression he's quite fond of himself.

BTW, Mel Gibson bought the movie rights to the book. That was before his anti-semitism tirade. Don't think Mel's name is worth much in the entertainment industry these days.

Read that series when I was in junior high school. I've only seen the first 2 movies. The books were much better IMHO. Really didn't care for the movies. Maybe just the difference between an older mans point of view and that of a 12 year old boy but I usually like books better than the screen adaptations. Imagination is hard to beat.
:withstupid: The Hobbitt was one of my favorites by Tolken. The Great Gatsby, and The Untouchables are at the top of my list.

Power Secrets by Smokey is definitely a good one, too. :D

:dunno: Book of the Month subscriber here:

Playboy & Penthouse :jester:

I do read the articles :nonod:

:crackup::crackup::crackup: I was waiting for your smartassed answer!

I knew you would be impressed ...

that I might be able to read :jester: and moved up from crayons to a #2 pencil :P