Dealer Warranty Quotes (Value Guard)

perk03z06

Got a recent quote for another extended warranty from the dealer I bought my truck from:

If you come in before you get to 63,000 miles (we can fudge slightly if needed), these will be your prices:

This is the same plan you have now (Value Guard)

36mo/30,000mi - $100 deductable - $2,400.00

48mo/32,000mi - $100 deductable - $3,040.00

24mo/24,000mi - $100 deductable - $1,885.00

Do these seem high, or is it just me? :dunno:

Got a recent quote for another extended warranty from the dealer I bought my truck from:

If you come in before you get to 63,000 miles (we can fudge slightly if needed), these will be your prices:

This is the same plan you have now (Value Guard)

36mo/30,000mi - $100 deductable - $2,400.00

48mo/32,000mi - $100 deductable - $3,040.00

24mo/24,000mi - $100 deductable - $1,885.00

Do these seem high, or is it just me? :dunno:

i got the 5 yr.100,000 0 deductable and cost $2200

i did not pay for it ,GM did becouse of work done on the truck when the frount and rear diff. were replaced at 190 mi. YES i think it's high, shop around and see if anouther dealer will beat the price...

good luck

:seeya:

i got the 5 yr.100,000 0 deductable and cost $2200

i did not pay for it ,GM did becouse of work done on the truck when the frount and rear diff. were replaced at 190 mi. YES i think it's high, shop around and see if anouther dealer will beat the price...

good luck

What was your mileage when they gave you that option?

:crackup: DUH!!! My bad ... :crazy:

I've had a loooooooooooooooonnnnng day ... :banghead:

:chillpill: and have a few :cheers: it will be all right.... :P

by the time it was all done i had about 2500 mi on it. took that long to get it all fixed. rear rebuilt 1x then total replace 1x then they found that the trouble was the frount all along. rebuilt 2x then total replace 2x. they found a 03 that the GM rep was driving that did not make noise at decel and pulled his out and replaced it with mine. been :thumbs: for over 30 k but it was not active until i had about 20,000 mi on it.

I got the 3 yr/36k for ......free! The Stealership I got it from sucked bad enough that GM customer care gave it to me. Covered until 5/09 or 50k. My guess is it will run out 5/09 because it only has 19.5k now.

When I got my truck in July of '04, it had 6700 miles on it, driven by a GM rep. I got it as a GM certified vehicle with the full 3 yr. 36,000 mi. warranty from that point. I also bought an extended warranty from GM at that time (I don't remember what it was called). The paper work says covers me until 57,000 miles or July of 2010. It covers pretty much everything, and cost about $1700.00. I thought it was a good deal. When I get home tonight, I'll look up what GM called the warranty, and post it.

When I got my truck in July of '04, it had 6700 miles on it, driven by a GM rep. I got it as a GM certified vehicle with the full 3 yr. 36,000 mi. warranty from that point. I also bought an extended warranty from GM at that time (I don't remember what it was called). The paper work says covers me until 57,000 miles or July of 2010. It covers pretty much everything, and cost about $1700.00. I thought it was a good deal. When I get home tonight, I'll look up what GM called the warranty, and post it.

Bad Bowtie is correct. It was Major Guard. 6 years, 48000 miles. Cost was $1385.00 plus tax. Bad part is that I forgot I had it until I went thru my paperwork the other day before bringing the truck to the dealer for warranty work. I thought my warranty was going to be up this July. It's almost like finding 20 bucks in your pants pocket. :)

When I got my truck in July of '04, it had 6700 miles on it, driven by a GM rep.

:rollin:

SORRY.. but i had to....

check to see if your frount diff. been replaced, becouse as posted above the GM rep. got my bad one and it came from a black SS. work was done at RAMP MOTORS in PORT JEFFERSON. the work was done from aug. of 03 to dec. of 03. he stated thet he would only have the SS for about 5 more mo. then he getting a new one...maybe NOTHING but who knows.... :D