Leather Seats

SS TowPig

I have the regular leather SS seats in my 05 SSS, and was wondering what is the best thing to clean/take care of them with. Been using Meguires that you put on with a rag and then wipe the excess off, and also the Meguires wipes. But today i noticed like a small crack within the leather near the back of the driver seat where you sit at. So i was just wondering what yall use...thanks

I prefer the Zaino leather cleaner & conditioner (two separate products). The cleaner works pretty well, mist it onto the seat & wipe up the dirt/grease with a white cloth; there might be better cleaners but I dunno. The conditioner is fantastic, it is a lotion, I squeeze a bit in hand and massage it into the seats - it contains mink oil and not only lubricates well but the smell is addictive as crack. I've had several other guys comment on the seats in my truck saying the seats still have the new smell, I think it's better than new; great stuff, highly recommend. :thumbs:

The combined leather care products (cleaner & conditioner together) IMO are not worth buying.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

Katzkin recommends warm soap and water and to condition mothers leather conditioner. It leaves the leather soft but "tight"

I have heard great things of the zaino stuff and will be putting my next order soon

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/mercha...roduct_Count=13

you talkin bout this??

if so, do you know any auto parts stores that carry it?

Z-9 is the cleaner, a bottle will last you a long time. Z-10 is the conditioner. I don't think any of the chain stores sell it, it's hit and miss to find someone that stocks it, they sell mostly online.

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

I use Meguiars regularly, does a pretty good job cleaning/protecting the seats, they stay pretty soft.

As far as the cracking goes, no matter how good a care you take of the leather, they will crack in time, from UV damage, the elements, and you.........how you get in and out and sit in the SS will affect how the leather wears. Not to mention, based on prior experience, GM leather has always had a cracking problem. :chevy:

I use Meguire's for just routine cleaning, because it cleans pretty well. I also use Lexol conditioner every once in a while, which is good stuff, just more time consuming. Zaino I've heard is the greatest, but I believe you can only get it online.

• 3 weeks later...