Now I have a decision to make....

KissMySilvSS

As some of you know, my father owns a Chevrolet Buick Pontiac GMC Dealership. Well he just called me an informed me that he just bought a 2007 Trailblazer SS AWD Black, every option off the GMAC Smart Auction with 124 miles for a little under $30K, the sticker was over 40K!

So what do I do? Keep my '04 SSS with 13K miles or buy this TBSS? Man I want one!! This is so tempting.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As some of you know, my father owns a Chevrolet Buick Pontiac GMC Dealership. Well he just called me an informed me that he just bought a 2007 Trailblazer SS AWD Black, every option off the GMAC Smart Auction with 124 miles for a little under $30K, the sticker was over 40K!

So what do I do? Keep my '04 SSS with 13K miles or buy this TBSS? Man I want one!! This is so tempting.

keep the ss and tell your dad that you need a demo and the tbss is the one you need than that might help you make up your mind (just drive it a little while) make shure you like it I wish i could have one or two of every SS chevy made that would be a bad ass collection in my wearhouse. :jester:

Yeah, I am going home for spring break from college at the end of next week. I'll have to drive it first. Hopefully he will end my misery and sell it before I get home. I love my truck, but I know when I jump behind the wheel of the TBSS I am going to want it!

Keep the truck. I don't see the big deal about the TBSS. They're better than a regular TB but not that great in my opinion. It's hard to tell them from a std. TB on the road. When you see a SSS on the road it stands out. I see TBSS all over the place and still rarely see a SSS. Unless you have a family and need the interior room, I just can't see it. For me, it's all about having something that looks good, runs good and you don't see on every street corner.

IMO ....

• SSS look like a regular silverado if you don't know the difference
  • TBSS look like a regular trailblazer if you don't know the difference
  • Both are distinctive enough to tell the difference if you know what you are looking at
  • If you like the size of the SSS ... you will not like how small the TBSS is
  • If you want more performance and less truck ... the TBSS is a clear cut choice
  • If you feel like you are 'swimming' in the SSS ... Then the TBSS will feel much better for you
  • They are very similar vehicles built for entirely different purposes.

and that ends my comparision for now :)

IMO ....
  • SSS look like a regular silverado if you don't know the difference
  • TBSS look like a regular trailblazer if you don't know the difference
  • Both are distinctive enough to tell the difference if you know what you are looking at
  • If you like the size of the SSS ... you will not like how small the TBSS is
  • If you want more performance and less truck ... the TBSS is a clear cut choice
  • If you feel like you are 'swimming' in the SSS ... Then the TBSS will feel much better for you
  • They are very similar vehicles built for entirely different purposes.

and that ends my comparision for now :)

Not trying to start anything but I totally disagree that a SSS and a standard Silverado look alike unless you know what you're looking at. I think the SSS stands out in a crowd. Very obviously different. After 4 years I still get nearly daily compliments on mine. Someones noticing the difference. I can spot an SSS from a distance. The TBSS you have to really look.

It's like the Dodge Ram and the Dodge Ram Super Bee. Whether you like it or not, the Super Bee really stands out. In my opinion the SSS stands out without your having to know the difference. I don't think the TBSS does at all.

And no, I'm not comparing the SSS to the Super Bee. The SSS has a mean yet classy look to it. The Super Bee looks like something Hot Wheels would have come up with.

SSS's and TBSS's I can identify easily, but I am a gear head. I can tell them both apart from the plain jane vehicles. I demo'ed a Envoy Denali about a year ago and don't mind the space, I guess I will just have to drive the TBSS and see if I like it better.

On the other hand, I am getting back into ATV Drag Racing and it would be nicer to throw the quad in the back of my truck than tow a friggen trailer with the TBSS. IDK, we will see. The truck is paid for and I know I can get good money out of it with the miles that it has on it and the condition it is in.

I wish I could have both!! Maybe if I was out of college with my permanent job.

Edited by KissMySilvSS (see edit history)

right ... cladding if you have a good eye ... a typical everyday person doesn't even notice the cladding

*** point being ... the differences between the SSS and the TBSS are practically the same. ***

Edited by Big O (see edit history)

I have a SSS and my wife drive a TBSS and I would have to say that I would swap her in a second, the TBSS handles great (for a SUV), and has tons more get up than my truck. They both have there good and bad points but the TB is just fun to drive.

j