I Quit! I Quit! I Quit!

Stitches040

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, I stopped smoking cold turkey (I never was addicted just a social smoker [pack about every 10-12 days]) right before last Thanksgiving.

Main reason though was that I couldn't find the cigs I smoked in my town anymore so I quit out of hating everything else I tried.

I knew if I didn't go through the nicotine withdrawals and all the mood swings irritability etc., etc., etc,

Yeah ... took a solid two weeks to get over the massive Headaches .... I never get a headache, and I was sporting some doozies!!!!! Had to have been the nicotine withdrawals ....

Congrats on quitting! I'm in the process of quitting smoking right now. I haven't had a smoke in almost 5 days and the withdrawls/need to smoke seems to lessen every day. I've been smoking for 15 yrs and I really want to quit, but it sure is tough to do.

Edited by TAR 71 (see edit history)

Yeah ... took a solid two weeks to get over the massive Headaches .... I never get a headache, and I was sporting some doozies!!!!! Had to have been the nicotine withdrawals ....

I quit dipping on October 18, 2004 cold turkey as well. The first 2.5 weeks were absolutely brutal with the headaches. Unfortunately now I smoke, but not much (1/2 pack a day at the max).

My lungs really wish I would quit smoking...which is next. CONGRATS to you and the wife for making it this far and best of luck down the road.

Congrats, That is one habit I'm glad I never started, Never smoked or dipped. My dad (who used to smoke) and I have talked about it several times over the years, and he always brings up the night mares he used to have, and apparently still does occasionally, that he had started smoking again.

I have a well funded food and toy addiction. I haven't brought lunch any where since before i was in high school... and boy do i have allot of shit... all funded by not smoking...

again , CONGRATS FOR QUITTING. also I'm happy for the rest of you guys. I wish I could get two of my best friends to quit. I don't harp on them though it is their decision.

:thumbs::thumbs: