Baseline Track Times

SRT10KLLR

I went to the track this weekend to get some baseline times. The truck is completely stock down to the paper air filter. I was spinning really bad and would have to let off the gass then hit it again after it got traction.

I did three 1/8 mile runs at 10.4 and the last one at 10.3 with 2.6 60ft and a 2.5 60ft on the last run. I also hit the tow/haul button and manually shifted on the last run as per advice from fellow Chevy owners. It was my first time manually shifting so I shifted at 5400 not wanting to hit the rev limiter.

I will be getting some wheels/tires and suspenssion work done before the engine and turbo go in.

BTW, I have a 2003 RC Stepside Silverado 2wd.

sorry to hate but what's the deal with the 400 ss emblems? your not running a 400 cu in motor (as far as i know of) i've seen the emblems before and just wondered about them.

I think he posted that it was a special edition in mexico or something?

The 400 is a sport package in other countries including Mexico where this one was purchased. It is like the Z-71 stickers that you get with an off-road package on some Chevy's. You can get the 400SS stickers through you local GM dealer, the part # 15788027.

It comes with a 5.3L but I will be dropping a 408(stroked LQ9) after I do some suspension work and get some decent tires. With the addition of the 408 the stickers will still not match though but they will remain as that is how it came from GM.

We could do that, but your only about 1.8 seconds slower in the 1/8th than I am. So it should be a good race. :P

Oh hell, I just remembered you posting this truck on DTW. I know who you are, and I don't want none of your other truck. I thought the name sounded familiar. :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...